bonnet number plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonnet number plate

hi guys quick question does any one know if its legal to have my front number plate in the form of a sticker

cheers

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
    hi guys quick question does any one know if its legal to have my front number plate in the form of a sticker

cheers
    Illegal & 3 peno points to boot if caught
    www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

cheers murph thought as much

spoil sports

just thinking of doing this and wanted to get rid of the plate to increase airflow
      Attached Files

Comment

yeah, tis norty, mostly cos they have no postcode of the plate maker, but ironically is the best option if you have winch and winch bumper with stuff on it, thus why i will have one.

My Westield 7 has one, and nobody bats an eyelid, but stick one on a 4x4....

Best thing to do is convince plod it was on there before all the number plate rules arrived, but might be hard on a fresh import truck....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had a mesh grill with a TRD badge on my V6 for a while. Tony was very nice about it until I replaced it. Then he told me it looked rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            I had a mesh grill with a TRD badge on my V6 for a while. Tony was very nice about it until I replaced it. Then he told me it looked rubbish.

Customer is always right....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You would never get stopped, on my old modified Zuki I used to have a sticker for everyday use (police stopped me in Brecon once but only to admire the truck no mention of the illegal number plate or the lack of arches over the e33's at the time) for the MOT I had a proper one with a screw mount that fitted securely onto the winch plate, the tester asked me how do I use the winch and I had to tell him it only ever got used at private sites with the number plate removed...
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

any pics of the grill sancho

can any one see any probs with the light setup at the moment all come on with full bean but going to make the bottom ones independantly switchable with normal beam

just had some trd all terrain stickers made for the back quarter they look well cool (in my opinion anyway)

is there anywhere i can get an official yes or no on the plate otherwise im just gunna stick off the missus first time i get stop "i told you so"

also are limb risers street legal cheese wire on wheels so i imagine not

has anyone got a khumo kl71 31-1050 r15 with good tread lying about need a spare

are the yellow spots actually any better in fog never had any

cheers
                Last edited by BAV1; 1 December 2009, 22:27.

Comment

Nothing wrong with sticking a square one on the front , like in your
                  photo. Long as it is black on white , regulation size letters ?
                  Had one on mine for years , looks better with less obstruction to
                  the air flow .

Chris
                  GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

cheers chris but thats supposed to be a proper plate like the rear but in front colours
                    Last edited by BAV1; 1 December 2009, 22:43.

Comment

The problem with it is when PC Plod wants to point his laser at you. He usually does this by targeting your 'reflective' number plate. If he can't get a reading, he'll step out & bring you kerbside to book you for not having a BS number plate. Thus with it 3points as well, which you may or may not have got for speeding, but definitely for the number plate. But there wouldn't be anything to stop you having both. Have the one on your bonnet & the requirement one as a easy removable one on off road days.
                      www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Email from DVLA on this very subject

Thank you for your email received on 1/10/09. Your email reference number is 123133.

The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001, requires all front and rear number plates to be fixed in a vertical position or in a position as close as possible to vertical. They must also be displayed in such a position that in normal daylight, the characters of the registration mark are easy distinguishable.

In addition, the number plate must not be displayed in a manner which impairs the making of a true photographic image of the plate through the medium of camera and film or any other device.

A vinyl (stick-on) number plate displayed on the bonnet of a vehicle would not comply with the display requirements as it could not be easily read through an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our Reply Form or copy and paste the following URL in to your browser:

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emai..._vehicles.html
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

thats that then mudsurfer thanks any info on the other questions i asked guys cheers

as usual top marks

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                            Thank you for your email received on 1/10/09. Your email reference number is 123133.

The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001, requires all front and rear number plates to be fixed in a vertical position or in a position as close as possible to vertical. They must also be displayed in such a position that in normal daylight, the characters of the registration mark are easy distinguishable.

In addition, the number plate must not be displayed in a manner which impairs the making of a true photographic image of the plate through the medium of camera and film or any other device.

A vinyl (stick-on) number plate displayed on the bonnet of a vehicle would not comply with the display requirements as it could not be easily read through an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our Reply Form or copy and paste the following URL in to your browser:

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emai..._vehicles.html
                            Agree with the above, but I think the requirement is, is to have a legitimate plate on the vehicle. So, if you like the stickers on it say cos of the look, there's no reason why you can't do so as long as you have the legal on there as well.

I'd prefer to have the James Bond Asten Martin style one.
                            Last edited by murph; 1 December 2009, 23:32.
                            www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

OOPPS

A well fec it, lets live on the edge

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X