Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
    dissagree.

the 2.4 heads had a design fault which left them more prone to cracking.
    the 3.0 heads were built around this design error, therefore illiminating this extra risk of failure.
    The only flaw in your argument is that the 2.4s don't seem to have started failing until 4 or 5 years after the 3.0s started production.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

huh?

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
        dissagree.

the 2.4 heads had a design fault which left them more prone to cracking.
        the 3.0 heads were built around this design error, therefore illiminating this extra risk of failure. however like any head in any car, they are still suseptable to human error/miss use. (like in my case not topping her up with water! )
        mine was a 3.0lt and the head cracked but it was my fault. not the surfs.
        im sorry baby. i wont do it again.
        yup and that head was a goodun aswell.Fully tested and rebuilt with new valves etc and you had to do that to it.I could of kept it and done that myself.Look at it this way tho Ja and atleast its a good excuse for the v8
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr the v8 god i wish i could aford it

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            yup and that head was a goodun aswell.Fully tested and rebuilt with new valves etc and you had to do that to it.I could of kept it and done that myself.Look at it this way tho Ja and atleast its a good excuse for the v8
            no the head i bought off you Rich is in my other surf and running very well! im driving my other surf at the mo whilst i decide how to fix my baby.
            1000 mile trip around France and then not checking the water levels when i got back was an accident waiting to happen!
            anyway im off to buy a Lexus later! TWO of them! lol dont ask!

Comment

Working...
            X