yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halfords Extreme Brilliance - MOT failure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must have a nice tester then. My surf has passed the last two MOTs with those bulbs fitted as has my sons Fiesta

Comment

The guy who does my bike is very pragmatic. He knows the big plate and baffles will come off/out before the day is done!
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I must say i'm overwhelmed by the response guys, and have been awake most of the night fuming at mr MOTs attitude.
        Not just the way he sort of poo poo'd the idea of e marked lamps but the whole test was a bit if a sham......
        I'm sure the brake function test has to done on some sort of calibrated measuring roller device and a road test has to be completed??....rather than just driving the car in a straight line up the car park and then slamming the brakes on, twice, just to be sure!!??
        How would i report him and who to?. apart from croxdale head office?
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

The brake test can be done using the rollers, it can also be done using the road test method.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Heres a good start

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...Mot/DG_4022113
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

I think I'd just swap the bulbs out for the regular ones; get the free re-test and MOT. And swap them back.

Let the baby have his rattle.

Just my 2 pence.
              But I do understand some buggers attitude can stick like a barb.

peace
              cal
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

The rule/guide book here...
                http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/h...3i00000001.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                  The brake test can be done using the rollers, it can also be done using the road test method.
                  The road test method requires the use of a calibrated decelerometer.

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                    I think I'd just swap the bulbs out for the regular ones; get the free re-test and MOT. And swap them back.
                    That's not the point though, the bloke is wrong, pure and simple. Allowing him to do what he's doing only massages his already oversised ego.

Comment

they are road leagal have a look at the q and a section here:
                      http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_205263#dtab

I have these fitted to my truck and have not had a problem with the MOT
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hello all,

The official reason for failure can be "does not emit light that is either substantially white or yellow". Unfortunately, the term 'substantially' does allow a degree of discretion.

Personally, I despise those horrible blue lights that shine in my eyes on the motorway. Nicely summed up here:
                        http://www.howmotorwayswork.co.uk/xenon.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          Personally, I despise those horrible blue lights that shine in my eyes on the motorway.
                          The old lack of eye pigmentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            Hello all,

The official reason for failure can be "does not emit light that is either substantially white or yellow". Unfortunately, the term 'substantially' does allow a degree of discretion.
                            He still can't fail something that's legal. Just like he can't pass something that's illegal.

This is becoming a circular argument.

Comment

Is your circle CE marked though?
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                                I must say i'm overwhelmed by the response guys, and have been awake most of the night fuming at mr MOTs attitude.
                                Not just the way he sort of poo poo'd the idea of e marked lamps but the whole test was a bit if a sham......
                                I'm sure the brake function test has to done on some sort of calibrated measuring roller device and a road test has to be completed??....rather than just driving the car in a straight line up the car park and then slamming the brakes on, twice, just to be sure!!??
                                How would i report him and who to?. apart from croxdale head office?
                                I was told that with an LSD a tapley meter (road) test should be conducted. When I took my motor to my local MOT they couldn't get a proper reading, because the wheel that was stopped gave a false reading on the rollers now they just run both rollers at the same time
                                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                                X