This is one ticked off lady.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one ticked off lady.

Thought you might like to read this letter to the editor ~ ever notice how some people just seem to know how to write a letter?.

This one sure does!

This was written by a Canadian woman, but oh how it also applies to the
    U.S.., U.K. and Australia

THIS ONE PACKS A FIRM PUNCH

Here is a woman who should run for Prime Minister!

Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , to her local newspaper. This is one ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the capitol of the USA and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in a brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan ..

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg 's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques and behind women and children.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blows themselves up in search of
    nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank:

I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and 'fed special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts:

I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it,

I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Soldiers don't have that problem.'

I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I hope you forward all this.

One last thought for the day:

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The British Soldier.

3. The Canadian Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ALL OF THEM.

AMEN!

Brilliant , wish i could write letters like that !!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Brilliant, so true, and what the majority of normal people think

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Very good letter. But it just goes to show how religion IMHO has cursed us all.
          Mind you I don't want to die a virgin... I might be expected to service a suicide bomber in heaven...
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Americans wonder why it happened to them. That attitude is why. If it ain't happening to them, they don't care. I thinks she's a stereo-typical Yank, personally. She may be from Canada, but that's the same type of outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              Americans wonder why it happened to them. That attitude is why. If it ain't happening to them, they don't care. I thinks she's a stereo-typical Yank, personally. She may be from Canada, but that's the same type of outlook.
              I agree with that statement wholeheartedly.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Re

Matt, why don't you just shut your bucket and stop trying to start something where there is nothing?

What is a "stereo-typical" yank?

You are "stereo-typical" ball bag!

Always an opinion but never the right one!

LOL, "She may be from Canada but I reckon she's a stereo-typical yank!"

Do you ever read what you actually write?

PMSL!

Classic!

Last edited by hellmett; 14 November 2009, 19:31.

Comment

Hellmett, if you want to be a c0ck, (and since when are people not allowed their own opinion in a democracy?), at least have the decency to check the meaning of what is written. What does stereo-typical mean?

Actually, scrub that suggestion. Thinking about it, that would require you to think before speaking/typing. Wouldn't want you to break your life long tradition.

Comment

Opens a Beer and reaches for the popcorn
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Granville View Post
                      If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country!
                      Whether-or-not I agree with what she said, the whole thing lost all credibility with that, in my opinion, odious statement. It shows conceited narcissism and self righteousness by the author.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        Hellmett, if you want to be a c0ck, (and since when are people not allowed their own opinion in a democracy?), at least have the decency to check the meaning of what is written. What does stereo typicalmean?

Actually, scrub that suggestion. Thinking about it, that would require you to think before speaking/typing. Wouldn't want you to break your life long tradition.
                        It means your both wrong. I have spent ages in the states. The view matt has whilst not entirely true, is hugely applicable. Around 7% of Americans have a passport.. The rest stay on the farm.this applies all over the USA. But there is an overwhelming feel of parochialism. If it happens in another country... Who cares.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          If it happens in another country... Who cares.
                          Unless of course they side with Muslims and Bomb Serbia.
                          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            Unless of course they side with Muslims and Bomb Serbia.
                            And of course enslave Muslims in srebenica and go for a bit of ethnic cleansing.
                            But yes, they (and I don't include myself in any form of organised religion) are all engaged in what is essentially a big w I l l y contest
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Sorry folks, but I kind of agree with Matt. (And not just cos he gave me some cools stuff )

I've spent a lot of time working in the states (years in total probably), in defence technology roles, and believe that the reason so much of the world hates America (and her allies) is precisely because of the attitude that a certain small but powerful (or / and stupid) percentage of Americans have towards the rest of the world.

I say a small percentage, because the vast majority of people I met in my time out there would hold their heads in their hands at the kind of cr@p that woman wrote. Too many powerful people in the midwest and deep south seem to honestly believe there is 'America' and there is 'some other place somewhere else full of foreigners'. Talk about xenophobic!

The attitude of this minority seems to be 'everyone do what we do, and service our needs, or you're a terrorist'. They have ridden roughshod over many counties (including ours) to service their own needs, oil in the middle east this time round. They dont give a shit about the freedom of ordinary Iraqis or Afghans - its simply about power, control and assets. That is all. And with the greatest of respect, if you believe otherwise, you are dumb.

Our brave servicemen are dying for a lie. While there are still people who 'dont care' about the feelings and beliefs of others, our servicemen will continue to die. And that is totally unforgivable!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X