Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Assistance Needed In France Following Crash

Hi Surfers,

Well I started off on my way to our new life in Spain on Tuesday but unfortunately we had a major crash on a motorway in France and jack kniffed and ended up facing the oncoming traffic after smashing into the barrier (I was taking a rest break at the time and it wasn't me driving ).

All passengers and animals are safe (amazingly) but my beautiful silver surf is likely to be a write off, as is the caravan we were towing. Having sustained impact on three corners and a battered and crooked rear axel I am however pleased to inform you that the surf did us proud keeping us safe and stayed on all four wheels. no major injuries were sustained.

Our problem now is that having been recovered from the motorway our insurance company seem to be leaving us hanging high and dry. We are holed up in a motel about 100k south of Paris. We need to recover our caravan to a town east of Granada in Spain and need someone who has a flat bed trailer who can transport it for us. It's important it happens ASAP as it will be our home while our Spanish property is being renovated.

Can anyone help or point me in the direction of someone who can?
    If you can offer some help in any way I would be grateful.
    My number is 07973 503 555.
    Thanks.
    Jay.
    Last edited by the silver surfer; 4 February 2010, 20:01. Reason: update

got european breakdown cover?

Comment

I have no advice for you, sorry.

What a horrible mess, I feel for you and your family.

I have been in a similar situation, (sans caravan) I just got myself back to the UK and bought another cheap vehicle and redone the journey.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

That's a crap start to your new life abroad. Glad to hear your pets and everyone else were unharmed.

Comment

Yes we have breakdown cover with Europ Assist, who are as useful as an ashtray on on motorbike. We have been recovered to a garage but that's it, the £250 recovery limit has been well and truly used up. We now need to recover our temporary home from the garage and get it to Spain so we can hire a van to get us all down there too. Fortunately i have a cherokee at our destination, so that will help things while I sort out the claim for the car.

Thanks for your well wishing guys, it means a lot. Can't even begin to explain what's it's like seeing this type of accident happen. Oh, my life didn't flash before my eyes either.

Comment

i bet,only other thing to try is green flag,they take people on broken down already,but not sure if they will do that abroad,worth a shot tho?or look for similar in france/spain that will cover it,also is caravan insured?u may be covered that way?also one other long shot,was the accident your fault or someone elses?any witness?

Comment

or i can get a quote from my work,but be warned they arent cheap,atleast a pound a mile each way,plus time for overnight stops,ferrys etc,easily be 4 figures,but i can give u their number if you like?give me a bell or text on 0750 498 1973 if i can help?

Comment

Try Stormforce, he might be able to help, if not email dan, movecars4u@gmail.com, he is on his way back from Bulgaria, goes to spain all the time, so can probaly help you out. Good luck.
                www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

tried stormy already,no passport

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                    Try Stormforce, he might be able to help, if not email dan, movecars4u@gmail.com, he is on his way back from Bulgaria, goes to spain all the time, so can probaly help you out. Good luck.
                    Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    tried stormy already,no passport
                    Eh?
                    hows he in Bulgaria then?
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                      Eh?
                      Dan's in Bulgaria
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Eh?
                        he isnt,read again matey

Comment

oh
                          i thought you meant stormforce when you said stormy
                          sorry
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

oh
                            i thought you meant stormforce when you said stormy
                            sorry
                            No, you were right,
                            Stormy= Stormforce, no passport,
                            Dan= Dan, bulgarian lad with Merc sprinter and very large trailer, bought my camper from UK to Greece, very good transporter.
                            www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Originally posted by the silver surfer View Post
                              Europ Assist, who are as useful as an ashtray on on motorbike. .
                              Similar to Tesco (Green Flag) European recovery as I found earlier this year when I broke down in northern spain then!

Horrible news though. Wish I could offer help. Hope it comes together for you soon!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X