Urgent Assistance Needed In France Following Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your all right all the pets are ok your alive
    i would not worry too much about how ya going to do this and get that moved to here and so on
    chill dude your still alive and safe
    the rest will get put right in time
    main thing is every ones ok
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks for your support all, yes we are fortunate to not be seriously injured, or worse.
      I've sent an email to Dan and am awaiting response. I can't believe that the recovery / ins company are just ditching us like this. We also lucky that the hotel we're allows pets otherwise we'd be propper f*****
      Keep the ideas coming please as we gotta get out of this French hole ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by the silver surfer View Post
        Thanks for your support all, yes we are fortunate to not be seriously injured, or worse.
        I've sent an email to Dan and am awaiting response. I can't believe that the recovery / ins company are just ditching us like this. We also lucky that the hotel we're allows pets otherwise we'd be propper f*****
        Keep the ideas coming please as we gotta get out of this French hole ASAP.
        tbh mate im fresh out of ideas,prob doesnt help now,but always check what your covered for before u travel,still think its worth ringing round in france spain for cover,im sure you would find sumone to take you on for recovery,but as jud said atleast your all ok,silver lining and all that,wish i could help further,like i said before i know our company would do it,but they would charge the earth

Comment

I did stick a request onto Shiply, used them a couple of times now to get our house stuff down to spain, I have had one bid of £1200 to take it down there and to be honest, if he could do it tomorrow we'd take that.

Comment

All my sympathies, sorry i cannot think of a solution for you, but the best of luck getting to the end of the journey
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Another idea for you, if Dan cannot help, go on Ebay, search car transporters, you can pick up a Ford cargo or similer with a bit of tax and test for about 750 to a grand. Do the job yourself, afterwards you still have a vehicle capable of earning you a bit of cash. On your car licence, if you have had it a few years you can drive a 7.5 tonner, as long as its for your own use you do not need an operators licence. Should be plenty of airports near you with cheap flights to the UK. Just an idea, If caravan is towable then a single car 3.5 ton van will do the job.
              www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and replies people, I think we've managed to sort out this mess - to some extent.
                A company in Wales, W. Allen Plant Hire & Transport Services, are coming down to recover our caravan and take it to our destination for £1200. We also found a British company in Malaga who do one way van hire and they will drop the van off to us at the hotel so we can then transport all our animals.

I would like to make a point of reference to our experience with the recovery company we're insured with. NEVER USE EUROP ASSIST. THEY WILL SHAFT YOU UP THE MARMITE MOTORWAY WITH THEIR AMBIGUOUS AND CONTRADICTORY TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
                THEIR SERVICE HAS BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF DISGUSTING. THEY HAVE LEFT OUR CARAVAN UNSECURED AT ROADSIDE WITH ALL OUR POSSESIONS AND ABOUT A GRANDS WORTH OF MY MAKITA TOOLS IN. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEIR RECOVERY TEAM, AT THE SCENE OF THE CRASH, LEFT THE SURF IN AN UNSAFE POSITION WHICH CAUSED MY MOTHER IN LAW TO GASH HER LEG OPEN AND FALL FACE FIRST INTO THE CRASH BARRIERS. PROCEEDINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED.

Comment

Originally posted by the silver surfer View Post
                  Thanks for all the advice and replies people, I think we've managed to sort out this mess - to some extent.
                  A company in Wales, W. Allen Plant Hire & Transport Services, are coming down to recover our caravan and take it to our destination for £1200. We also found a British company in Malaga who do one way van hire and they will drop the van off to us at the hotel so we can then transport all our animals.

I would like to make a point of reference to our experience with the recovery company we're insured with. NEVER USE EUROP ASSIST. THEY WILL SHAFT YOU UP THE MARMITE MOTORWAY WITH THEIR AMBIGUOUS AND CONTRADICTORY TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
                  THEIR SERVICE HAS BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF DISGUSTING. THEY HAVE LEFT OUR CARAVAN UNSECURED AT ROADSIDE WITH ALL OUR POSSESIONS AND ABOUT A GRANDS WORTH OF MY MAKITA TOOLS IN. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEIR RECOVERY TEAM, AT THE SCENE OF THE CRASH, LEFT THE SURF IN AN UNSAFE POSITION WHICH CAUSED MY MOTHER IN LAW TO GASH HER LEG OPEN AND FALL FACE FIRST INTO THE CRASH BARRIERS. PROCEEDINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED.
                  thumbs up then, lucky it was only the ma in law
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Well, 3 months after the crash the French W@nk3r at the renault garage near St Aubin has finally released our car and it is now at Toyota here in Spain. The to55er was playing silly buggers as soon as he found out we didn't want his garage to do the work and managed to clock himself up €1500 of storage fees, what a cnut. Fortunately my ins co are paying that, but still, SOAB.
                    Now all that remains is to prepare for the fact that the car may indeed be a write off and start the haggling with the ins co over its value.
                    Can anyone point me in the direction of some expensive 1996 3rd gen SSRG's as I need to justify as large a settlement as possible.
                    Thanks all.

Ps; loving it here in Spain, apart from the rain we've had..........It's a bit like a swamp on our land and our little old Cherokee (bless it) just ain't cut out for it. However, I replaced the throttle cable on my old KTM and that is now the mutts nuts and most certainly IS cut out for this terrain.

Comment

Just look on Ebay and autotrader.... 3rd Gens seem to be going for a minimum of £4995 which I think is somehow wrong but I've been looking recently for myself and I'm even finding some 3rd gens at 7k..
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yeah I also noticed that the Surf's have gone up in price, I just need to try and justify a 6k settlement instead of the 4k the ins co will probably offer (if it's a write off that is). The more ads I can find which are the same as my motor the better defence I have of getting more dosh from them.

If you knew what I got mine for you'd cry. Bought it off ebay about a year ago and the daft bloke selling it ended the auction at 7.00am on a Sunday!!!!! Not a good time to end an auction if you want the best price for it.

Comment

If your insurance company offer you 4K, I'll drive mine over a cliff.

I think you'll be suprised

Let us know.....
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I KNOW they will offer AT LEAST 4k because when the car was stuck in the land of the frog eating, bad breath, shite haired, onion wearing dik wads, they quoted over 3k for the repairs. This was ok'd by the ins co based on frenchies valuation of the car @ 4k. I told the ins co that was rubbish and to just try and find another 3rd gen SSRG with my extras. Their engineers couldn't and subsequently assigned a new value closer to 6k.
                            I also told the ins co that there WAS NO WAY IN MY LIFETIME that I'd let anyone from that bitter race of people go anywhere near the repairs of my car . I insisted it was transported down to me in Spain and delivered to my local Toyota garage, which it has been. I now just wait for the repair quote from them before we find out if it's a gonner or not.
                            It does seem however that the rear axle is bent, so I might be on the look out for one of them

Comment

Just out of interest... Who's fault was the original crash?
                              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

When you insured it, what value did you state on the application?
                                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                                X