Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad starting,coolant sensor for ecu

vehicle ln130 tde.

Can anyone help with some information please, I have had lots of problems with cold starting issues and I think I have tracked it down to coolant sensor for ecu, what I need to know is what voltage is being supplied to the coolant sensor(thermistor) at present i have 0v to sensor, but when i done the same test on air intake sensor it was constant supply of 5v, which leads me to think there is an output fault on ecu causing an overfuelling problem,(missing, poor idle and black smoke).
    could some one be kind enough to test their vehicle and check output voltage from plug that goes into the sensor please.

Test and repairs i have already tried to overcome problems.

1. Rebuilt head & skimmed/ reset valves etc...
    2. Honed bores/ new rings etc (compression 550psi on all cylinders)...
    3. Re-con injectors...
    4. New glow plugs...
    5. Manual switch to glow plugs holds on for 12secs at 11.5v,(this helps but not cured original fault)...

Any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by ianw1969; 27 October 2009, 13:21. Reason: vehicle model

Should be 5V as far as I know. This may help isolate the fault if you follow the testing procedure.

http://www.offroadpakistan.com/downl...hermistors.pdf

11.5V is a little high for the glow plugs. They are only rated at 11V and should get around 10.5V max.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for reply Nev, have done some further checks, I have continuity on cables from ecu to sensor, checked voltage at ecu plug but still 0 volts output, So from that i can only assume i have ecu fault??
      Without another vehicle to test i am a bit stuffed, Thanks again for info on sensors, am struggling to find electrical schematics on ecu and cable identification, have some but dont refer to my vehicle, had to bell out pin to pin to find correct locations, very time consuming but all good fun cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ianw1969 View Post
        checked voltage at ecu plug but still 0 volts output, So from that i can only assume i have ecu fault??
        Was this with ignition on?

Nev

Comment

Yes ignition was on

Comment

Working...
          X