X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    WHAT THE FU.....

Don't blame you ripping it out mate!!
    It did leave a tad to be desired. I can always go the suspension route if I want to lift it. Always classed that as the more resilient option anyhows.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      It did leave a tad to be desired. I can always go the suspension route if I want to lift it. Always classed that as the more resilient option anyhows.
      If you can get away with lifting the suspention to the desired height it gives a better quality of ride.. provided you dont go OTT on the torsion bars!

A body lift has it's uses an i wont say to avoid them.. but it effects the handling and there is no way to compensate for it!

Hope it turns out good mate.. I'm looking forward to seeing some progress on it!

Comment

A body lift has it's uses an i wont say to avoid them.. but it effects the handling and there is no way to compensate for it!
        That's what I'd always heard, hence why I'm not too fussed about the prospect of losing it.

Hope it turns out good mate.. I'm looking forward to seeing some progress on it!
        All progress seems to be backwards at the moment. No turbo on it, no dashboard, what was a rusty patch which has turned into sizable holes with a good view through them once the hammer touched. Methinks I have a lot of work to do before I start making forward progress. I did manage to get the rear arch filled over without too much hassle though.

Just in the process of trying to appropriate a M.I.G at the moment. Thought I might as well concentrate on getting the bodywork sound and waterproof before I start on the rest of it, save leaving it for the time being and having trouble caused from the leaks/holes further down the line. As per usual though, I never manage to take the cheap or easy option.

It would help if S.W.M.B.O would be a bit more draconian with me on occasion, instead of saying things like, 'at least you know it'll last years and come in useful'. Honestly, women these days. Just no sense of authority or tendency to put blokes under the thumb anymore.

Comment

I thought tony did it ........... looks like logey did

tony was ment to be doing the gold one before logey's problems
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
            I thought tony did it ........... looks like logey did
            I'd definitely guess at it being a logey special.

Comment

That's what I'd always heard, hence why I'm not too fussed about the prospect of losing it.
              I dont ever recall you talking about plans to make a monster truck 1st gen anyway? They can look just as great on a set of 31's with nice paint and the roof off!

Originally posted by MattF
              All progress seems to be backwards at the moment. No turbo on it, no dashboard, what was a rusty patch which has turned into sizable holes with a good view through them once the hammer touched. Methinks I have a lot of work to do before I start making forward progress. I did manage to get the rear arch filled over without too much hassle though.

Just in the process of trying to appropriate a M.I.G at the moment. Thought I might as well concentrate on getting the bodywork sound and waterproof before I start on the rest of it, save leaving it for the time being and having trouble caused from the leaks/holes further down the line. As per usual though, I never manage to take the cheap or easy option.

It would help if S.W.M.B.O would be a bit more draconian with me on occasion, instead of saying things like, 'at least you know it'll last years and come in useful'. Honestly, women these days. Just no sense of authority or tendency to put blokes under the thumb anymore.
              Thats just one of those things isn't it... When i did the MOT for my Jaguar, It failed on lower ball joints. got the parts an set about fitting them.. I spent more time messing around with copperslip and cleaning things than i did actually fitting the ball joints! I always wanted to strip my truck to bits an clean & paint the chassis etc!

I read the thread on Elite re: Mig.. Panda knows his stuff so i'm sure you'll be ok with him pointing you in the right direction!

I've just gotta listen to "S.W.D.E" Thats... She Who doesn't exist!

It's just my wallet saying i can't get those XK8 Flute Alloys yet!

Comment

I agree with taking off the body lift Matt,
                Body lifts are for posers who can't be bothered to do a correct suspension lift. They are also not the safest of options.
                Nice to see you doing things right.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Hey Matt, looks like you've got an admirer.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Hey Matt, looks like you've got an admirer.
                    I agree with him, doesn't mean I want to give him a 'reacharound'

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                      I agree with him, doesn't mean I want to give him a 'reacharound'

Matt has a stalker ........or is it a follower ......Matt JC F
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

You should call it the "heath robinson gen"

threaded bar ffs!! any doublesided tape under there?
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          I agree with taking off the body lift Matt,
                          Body lifts are for posers who can't be bothered to do a correct suspension lift. They are also not the safest of options.
                          Nice to see you doing things right.

Body lifts are for posers!!! where DO you get these little pearls of wisdom?
                          you ungratefull twotimeing bitch!!! dont you ever EVER ask me back to your flat for coffee again

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Did I say that?

Stop changing my words in your quotes!

Comment

I dont ever recall you talking about plans to make a monster truck 1st gen anyway? They can look just as great on a set of 31's with nice paint and the roof off!
                              Subtle is my middle name.

Well, it's actually not, but you get the gist.

Thats just one of those things isn't it... When i did the MOT for my Jaguar, It failed on lower ball joints. got the parts an set about fitting them.. I spent more time messing around with copperslip and cleaning things than i did actually fitting the ball joints! I always wanted to strip my truck to bits an clean & paint the chassis etc!
                              Don't you mean the Faguar? Yeah, I know what you mean. Start off with a simple job and you've practically rebuilt the bugger by the time you've done. I seem to have a knack for doing those types of job.

I read the thread on Elite re: Mig.. Panda knows his stuff so i'm sure you'll be ok with him pointing you in the right direction!
                              I hope so. I definitely need some more pointers on the subject. Between Snatch, Panda and the others, I should be able to glean the basics.

I've just gotta listen to "S.W.D.E" Thats... She Who doesn't exist!
                              You lucky, lucky..... Ah, the bygone days of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                                You should call it the "heath robinson gen"

threaded bar ffs!! any doublesided tape under there?
                                It honestly wouldn't surprise me if I did find some. If I happen to find a Blue Peter badge in there too, I'm giving it up as a bad job.

Comment

Working...
                                X