No announcement yet.

It begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well first spare time in weeks, it was -6 and the telly was rotten. So I decided to get some temp lights fitted so I could get to the annual SMC Christmas run this Sunday.
    I cut and shaped the ends fitted the second bolt each side and temp mounted the lights so I take them off when I get to the site.

All the lights will be in the top cluster when finished reverse lights will be indicators fogs will double as tail and brake, reverse, fog and number plate lights will all be on back door with square plate surf style.

The bumper will have side sections when finished to box in under the lights and around to meet the arches.

Roll on Sunday

Brian

Comment

loving the work you've done to date, awsome job...

Bumper is definatly coming along, and the plans you have for the rear sound good.

Have you got anymore modifications planned after the bumper

Nice truck tho

James
      If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

"Just get on with it ya poofter"
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

It's only minus 10 tonight, get yer arse in gear!

nice work bro.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by mousey View Post
            loving the work you've done to date, awsome job...

Bumper is definatly coming along, and the plans you have for the rear sound good.

Have you got anymore modifications planned after the bumper

Nice truck tho

James
            Thanks James makes it worthwhile posting pics when people get ideas from them and appreciate the little mods.

I plan to change the rear, maybe just a fast back soft or I may remove and close the cab in making a wee pick up. I will also fit sliders and full exo cage.
            Brian

Comment

Well bit more done today.
              I have started on the end sections, lots of cardboard cutting, then attacked the 14 gauge with the cutting wheel.

If like me you don't own a press brake bender then 14 gauge is a little stiff.
              I mark the bend then cut half way through the plate bend it then tac weld on the bend replace lost strength.

Re-shaped the ends

Tacked in place then made the top sections.

I am pleased with how it's shaping up. Tomorrow I will remove the bumper and re-shape the ends of the C channel and tack in the bottom pieces.
              Those lights will also be going with brakes and indicators being relocated into top clusters.

Brian

Comment

Finished it off today. It's supposed to be similar to the off road armoury bumper as I wanted it to be a match for my front winch bumper.

A fair bit of weld, which is never an issue going on, but a pain when you are have to dress it all.

So fit the tow points and a lick of paint and it's another wee job ticked off.

Brian

Comment

What are you painting it with? Hammerite or are you going to powder coat it?
                  Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    Just use smoothrite mate, matt black to match the winch bumper.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post

LOL, powder coat? that would cost money!

Only joking bro, painting is best as touching up is easy, powder coat just comes off anyway.

Well it will the way you drive!
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        LOL, powder coat? that would cost money!

Only joking bro, painting is best as touching up is easy, powder coat just comes off anyway.

Well it will the way you drive!
                        I don't know if Yoshie is a poser or an off roader do I?

Real men use a brush to put it on.

Comment

It's a mud truck mate.

Last time my bro posed was back in 84, rolled up sleeves, Miami vice style!
                          Alan

Comment

It's a mud truck mate.

Last time my bro posed was back in 84, rolled up sleeves, Miami vice style!
                            I suppose a pic is out of the question?

Crockett or Tubbs?

Comment

LOL. my life wouldn't be worth living mate!

( you know if I had a pic like that it would get posted!)
                              Alan

Comment

LOL. my life wouldn't be worth living mate!

( you know if I had a pic like that it would get posted!)
                                Aahhhh, he's the older brother then?

Comment

Working...
                                X