Which Gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    The 3rd gens are capable machines, no doubt. Gay, but capable. There's just so much electronic control with each successive generation though that the proability for problems increases. None of the gens are crap, merely different.

Diplomat
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

The 3rd gens are capable machines, no doubt. Gay, but capable. There's just so much electronic control with each successive generation though that the proability for problems increases. None of the gens are crap, merely different.
      You getting soft in your old age, that was a very sensibleish? reply
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        Diplomat

Comment

None of the gens are crap, merely different.
          That i will agree with!!

90% (guessing ) of you guys have modified trucks.. in some cases.. highly!!

Bio.. you've touched on a point the landy boys use! Because your truck is so capable.. you push it harder an harder till it gets stuck/broken..

Defenders have a habbit of falling apart.. an alot of it is due to them being pushed beyond their limits!

It's almost all the same.. just with a slightly different skin on it!

There will always be prejudice in the different marques but then its down to personal taste!

I wouldn't have a problem owning a brand new range rover with all the electronic offroad gear! It makes for a very different experiance!!

Comment

V8..... maybe ........it will depend on if the gas converson will fit
            Sweet, looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              I wouldn't have a problem owning a brand new range rover with all the electronic offroad gear! It makes for a very different experiance!!
              Up until that paragraph, you were making sense and sounding plausible but...

...go on. Out.

Comment

Up until that paragraph, you were making sense and sounding plausible but...

...go on. Out.

Ok...

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  Sweet, looking forward to it.
                  Thats the point though ....... would you rip apart a 3rd gen and do what stein is helping me to do .........

alot of very capable people own 3rd gens but it the modificaton bug that makes the intrtest in the truck

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Ok...
                    You can come back when you see the silliness of that notion.

Comment

would you rip apart a 3rd gen and do what stein is helping me to do .........
                      Just made me think there when you mentioned ripping things apart. What nick is your turbo in?

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        You getting soft in your old age, that was a very sensibleish? reply
                        I occasionally have an off day where I actually start being polite and sensible. Been trying to stop it happening, but it still just occasionally occurs unexpectedly.

Comment

Just made me think there when you mentioned ripping things apart. What nick is your turbo in?

well it whistles well ....... still not decided if the rr engine will fit .....diahatsu 2.8 may still be a option as well as a v8 or a strait 6 landcruiser lump

Comment

Thats the point though ....... would you rip apart a 3rd gen and do what stein is helping me to do .........

alot of very capable people own 3rd gens but it the modificaton bug that makes the intrtest in the truck
                            If im honest i would'nt have the bottle to do it because im not that machanically minded but then again if i had a spare 3rd gen & a big enough garage then maybe i would have a bash.

Comment

I occasionally have an off day where I actually start being polite and sensible. Been trying to stop it happening, but it still just occasionally occurs unexpectedly.
                              Few!!!! you had me worried for a minute.

Comment

well it whistles well ....... still not decided if the rr engine will fit .....diahatsu 2.8 may still be a option as well as a v8 or a strait 5 landcruiser lump
                                You wouldn't really be gaining much with the 2.8. That would seem a lot of work for very little gain. Is the Rover engine going to be tight at best then?

Comment

Working...
                                X