Dashboard Weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard Weirdness

I've tried searching for this.....I have.....

Today on my way home, going round a roundabout, the fuel filter, A/T Temp, Battery and T-Belt lights all came on. No odd sounds, no loss of power, all the lights, radio etc still work, just a dash full of lights....

Restart of the engine didn't cure it either - so I'm at a loss as to what this is, but it may hamper this coming weekend if I'm not confident enough with it to drive to and around Wales....

Any ideas what may cause this???
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Alternator.

Comment

If it happend when going around corners, I would check the electrolyte level in the alternator.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        If it happend when going around corners, I would check the electrolyte level in the alternator.
        How do I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          How do I do that?
          There should be a dipstick on the side of the alternator to check the fluid level.

Comment

There should be a dipstick on the side of the alternator to check the fluid level.
            I thought that was me

Comment

Spit tea all over my keyboard.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I've got two Optima Yellow top batteries that are fairly new - I only fitted them about 5 months ago, so not convinced it will be them....

So - if it is the alternator, then Wales is off - despite me having one 'in my shed' I won't be able to get it changed in time....

And thanks for making it more of a laughing matter than I felt it was to start with

Comment

Serious head *on*

Check the tension of the belts.

Comment

have tried multimeter,see if its still charging?could be a dodgy earth?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      have tried multimeter,see if its still charging?could be a dodgy earth?
                      Not had time, got home, got changed, went out, then back, dinner and now this...can't do it tomorrow, so if it starts, it's off to collect the squealing Audi and use that until Friday and check it first thing Friday morning....

Comment

Go on I dare you, throw the spare one in the truck and come to Wales, there will be more than enough of us to help fix your truck... between us all we can hold a spanner and watch you do all the work
                        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

is it alternator day?

I've just got in my surf this morning to find fuel filter warning, Timing belt warning A/T Temp and battery light not working, alternator is barely charging (13.6v) shorting one of the leads on the alternator plug to earth gives me all these lights except the battery light (I've changed the battey light bulb because I thought it was blown)

Am I looking at a duff alternator?
                          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Sounds like it....

MudSurfette has offered to replace mine, so I'll hand it to her tomorrow to do Thursday...I'm a very lucky man!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                              Sounds like it....

MudSurfette has offered to replace mine, so I'll hand it to her tomorrow to do Thursday...I'm a very lucky man!
                              Jammy.

It's muggings here that gets to do all the fixing in our house, mrs coolsv650 doesn't even check the oil!
                              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                              X