couple of manual trans questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of manual trans questions

Just had a call from someone who is having a problem with their 2.4 manual surf.The clutch goes in but it is hard to get the truck into gear.Could this be a clutch fluid problem or clutch itself.
    The next thing is that they have a problem with the brakes.The pedal is hard but nothing happening when pedal is pressed.There is fluid getting to the brake cylinders but the brakes ain't doing anything.Could this be a servo problem or something.I got a brain block at the moment and can't think of what may be the causes.These guys are new members on here but are waiting for their first post to be made live so they can ask the questions themselves.Any help in the meantime so i can ring them back would be great
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

If the brakes aren't doing anything could the pistons be seized ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

would the pistons of siezed on all 4 wheels at the same time tho Trev as this is what the guy can't understand.I did suggest bleeding the full braking system and seeing if that made a difference as it would be the cheapest option.
      Any ideas on the clutch prob?

Comment

Re: Brakes. Sounds like a vacuum leak at the servo.
        Re: Clutch, try bleeding the slave cylinder on the bellhousing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Re: Brakes. Sounds like a vacuum leak at the servo.
          Re: Clutch, try bleeding the slave cylinder on the bellhousing.
          Cheers me ole mucker

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Just had a call from someone who is having a problem with their 2.4 manual surf.The clutch goes in but it is hard to get the truck into gear.Could this be a clutch fluid problem or clutch itself.
            The next thing is that they have a problem with the brakes.The pedal is hard but nothing happening when pedal is pressed.There is fluid getting to the brake cylinders but the brakes ain't doing anything.Could this be a servo problem or something.I got a brain block at the moment and can't think of what may be the causes.These guys are new members on here but are waiting for their first post to be made live so they can ask the questions themselves.Any help in the meantime so i can ring them back would be great
            clutch is either dragging on first motion shaft or centre plate sticking to pressure plate or spigot bearing seizing, brakes i would suggest vacuum pump, hose or servo.
            JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Working...
            X