No announcement yet.

how many have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all i think i can see the way this is going .will put a screw in me pipe tomorrow like wot is done to me isuzu but cant test propa because im going on holiday friday two weeks sea sun sand n snorkel yip eeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Is that cos you're a bit of a tart?
      I don’t understand your question

I’m of the opinion that if it works, then leave it alone...... anyhow with a broken right collar bone and my arm in a sling I’m not able to drive the Surf, let alone do any work on it. Just 3 weeks till the MOT is due and I’ll then very likely be selling / scrapping the Surf if it fails the test.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
        I don’t understand your question
        That's cos you're a bit of a tart!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Had mine blanked off ages ago
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
            Had mine blanked off ages ago
            But what about the EGR?
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Never bothered ......but never had Black smoke problems on the 2nd gen
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                That's cos you're a bit of a tart!
                Hmmm Ok, I’m a straight man and I do have the appropriate equipment.....
                I don’t care if you are picking on me...... I’ll be gone from here probably next month anyway
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Did mine with a cable tie about 3 years ago, cant say that I ever noticed any difference to power or MPG but maybe a little less (but not much) black smoke. I think its all in the mind, dont we?

Spoggel

Comment

Did the cable tie trick on my'n less smokey, feels more pokey on take off; not sure on MPG yet waiting to see how far it goes on this tank.

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

I would do it on any other diesel but not on the Surf. Anything that makes the Surf diesels run cooler on part throttle can only be a good thing in my opinion. We know that heat does very bad things to the cylinder heads on these engines.

As has been said, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
                      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle View Post
                        I think its all in the mind, dont we?
                        I do, not sure about the rest. The EGR as far as I have seen, only operates at idle and only when the engine has reached operating temperature. Once off idle, and this is as soon as the throttle moves, the EGR system ceases to operate. Now as far as reducing smoke and better performance then I think it's all in the mind, because exhaust gasses do not enter at other times, except where the system may have been malfunctioning and disconnecting has solved this. Having said that, I have the EGR Valve hose blocked to prevent exhaust gasses clogging up the manifold but left the rest of the system intact so smooth engine shutdown remains. Both vacuum hoses to the diaphragm on the throttle housing must be connected to have the small butterfly close at engine shutdown.

Nev

Comment

Well fuel light came back on this morning, managed 42km more than last time with it on, but I figure most of that is due to more motorway driving rather than urban driving I did last tank.

Still not conviced either way. hehe

peace
                          cal
                          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

i removed my egr on my old surf and it made a massive difference, apache will tell you how bad my old surf was , james bond style smoke screen lol
                            fitted my custom made removal plates and the smaoke more than halved
                            massive difference
                            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X