Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many have

disconnected there EGR
    haven't....................... .............................. ...............have
    1, steve s (surf)........................ .............................. ..steve s (isuzu)

It was disconnected on Hippo for several years, right upto when she died - caused by having a brick for a rad NOT the egr mod.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i have
      I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Blanked off the EGR assembly not long after I got her, and then completely removed all of the EGR gubbins the other week.

Comment

I haven't on my Surf, I don't touch things if everything is running good.

But that's just me.

Don't even know if my Isuzu has one. I've had it 5 years and opened the bonnet about 5 times.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

hmm i've been thinking about it, as i've seen bits of threads about it being good for emisions or something? i need to use the search button lol

Comment

I have!!

Comment

I have

Comment

What's an EGR?

Oh yeah it's that thing that Dr Angle grinder removed four years ago.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

How much difference does it really make without it?

It must be there for a good reason.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      How much difference does it really make without it?
                      Varies. Less black smoke on acceleration generally though.

It must be there for a good reason.
                      It's there for *a* reason. Japan has stricter emissions controls than us. Above a certain combustion temperature, a certain type of emission is produced. The EGR system recirculates exhaust gasses back into the intake to, technically, choke the system and reduce combustion temperatures, therefore making that specific emission improbable.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

It's there for *a* reason. Japan has stricter emissions controls than us. Above a certain combustion temperature, a certain type of emission is produced. The EGR system recirculates exhaust gasses back into the intake to, technically, choke the system and reduce combustion temperatures, therefore making that specific emission improbable.
                        Another thing i now know about surfs, cheers matt.
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Not touched mine,
                          www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

i have
                            cheers shaun
                            NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

NOx is a generic term for mono-nitrogen oxides (NO and NO2). These oxides are produced during combustion, especially combustion at high temperatures.

At ambient temperatures, the oxygen and nitrogen gases in air will not react with each other. In an internal combustion engine, combustion of a mixture of air and fuel produces combustion temperatures high enough to drive endothermic reactions between atmospheric nitrogen and oxygen in the flame, yielding various oxides of nitrogen. In areas of high motor vehicle traffic, such as in large cities, the amount of nitrogen oxides emitted into the atmosphere can be quite significant.

In the presence of excess oxygen (O2), nitric oxide (NO) will be converted to nitrogen dioxide (NO2), with the time required dependent on the concentration in air.

p.s. Disconnected mine when it was a 2.4 diesel and I have removed it on the V-8 too.

Comment

Working...
                              X