No announcement yet.

Morrisons Bio Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you are buying bio from a "reputable source" i hope it works well for you , but at the same price as dino i deffo wouldn't entertain the idea!
    (the surfs are one of the few vehicles that can handle veg oil without mods, so why pay more for bio when you can save money and do your bit for the " save the planet mob" )
    Surely if bio is so good you wont need to run a tank of dino at all!

Alan.
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I comes straight from the Pump, basically its for Greenys and not for cheeper running of the Car.

I have noticed a few times whilst out in the dark i leave a some smoke (Grey) in my wake when i accelerate hard so i am hoping that Bio will clear this up a little.

Our Asda does not currently sell Bio, so its only Morrisons atm.

If I had the guts to create my own fuel, I would entertain the idea, but atm I would be rather concerned that I would get it wrong and cause a Major problem.
      Last edited by madmanc; 26 September 2009, 19:55.
      Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Public Apology:
        I mis read the previous post and read it as veg oil even though it said BIO.. My mistake.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

My thought's exactly Alan, Just finished filtering my last 50 litres of 100% nut oil n put 20 straight in the tank the third week on 100% Veg no Dino !!!! @ 8p a litre

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
            My thought's exactly Alan, Just finished filtering my last 50 litres of 100% nut oil n put 20 straight in the tank the third week on 100% Veg no Dino !!!! @ 8p a litre

Flipping Heck 8p a litre that makes my last fuel bill a mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post

That's a cracking result!!
              Unfortunately i'm only getting about 25ltrs of wvo a month at the moment so i need at least one more source to make it a continous process!

Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                That's a cracking result!!
                Unfortunately i'm only getting about 25ltrs of wvo a month at the moment so i need at least one more source to make it a continous process!

Alan
                If ya not already check this out n sign up Alan www.freecycle.org
                (I just got a couple more small suppliers) it all helps !!
                Good Luck ...

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

OK have read the sticky and looks like i will try Vegi Soon. Just been down to Lidl and they are currently selling Rapeseed for 95p a ltr. So will shop around over the next week to see whats available.

Comment

tesco here have got 3l of rapeseed oil for £2.26.BARGAIN
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Tesco's Oil

Was in Tesco this evening and they are selling 20Lts of (Vegitable) Cooking Oil for £13 cannot remember what it was called.

Would this be any good??

Comment

Worked for me!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

Whoooo First 5lts went into a half full tank last night, nothing yet to report, took it round the block to mix it up before parking it over night.

This morning started as usual, gona put another 5lts in this weekend along with some Dino.

Looking good at the moment, checked under bonnet as well this morning after driving to work and no visable leaks at the moment.

Comment

Well its been 5 whole days since starting on Vegi Oil and it seems to be running as it always should. only once has it started a little bit strange but once she got over the initial 30 seconds all was well.

Got to thank all the guys on here that have give some realy helpful advice and in some cases food for thought when making undergoing this practice.

CHEERS!!!!

Gona start to run something like 50 - 50 whilst the autumn and winter months are here.

Comment

Working...
                            X