X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
    cut and paste from that site

hi all
    don't know if any of you read the motor cycle news but their having a big meet in protest at the way the north wales police are treating bikers
    from what the mcn says they are stopping around 400 bikes a weekend
    just to #### us of and drive us out of wales,other police forces have said that this is a bit heavy handed,they only stop 1000 a year, some police riders have said they will be joining the meet
    MCN are urging all bike riders to invade north wales on the 12 sept.
    they want every one to meet up at the ponderosa cafe at the top of the horseshoe pass at 12 noon.
    then there's a mass ride to the national park later
    this is open to all bikers what ever you ride,so make the time to go and let the north wales police we won't be treated like this.

it'll be nice to put a face to some of the regular names and have a chinwag about our cats/aces(i'll be on a red/black 98 cat with a red yamaha jacket on)
    see ya there

incase anyone is planning on going on this its on the 13 not the 12 of September
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

ramblers get everywhere, its thier right
      Rambling in the dales is a different thing from climbing a mountain, they seem to forget that sometimes.

It's not possible to climb Ben Nevis in the winter with only a wooly jumper and a thermos flask of tea as added protection, but some of them try...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

news papers have a lot to answer for, anything for a headline.
        TBH, the teams away from the honeypot areas like Llanberis or Ogwen spend as much time doing Police missing person jobs now. Mainly because we do it a lot better than the police ever can...
        No, i haven't rescued any mountains this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Rambling in the dales is a different thing from climbing a mountain, they seem to forget that sometimes.

It's not possible to climb Ben Nevis in the winter with only a wooly jumper and a thermos flask of tea as added protection, but some of them try...
          Ramblers have kind of shot themselves in the foot with the image they have let grow around themselves. There are plenty of mountaineers who also ramble around the Dales. There are also a few who go laning! But the red-sock brigade shout loudest etc...

But the teams are getting busier, this winter Snowdon took way more than it's usual share of lives...

Comment

Originally posted by OOG View Post
            TBH, the teams away from the honeypot areas like Llanberis or Ogwen spend as much time doing Police missing person jobs now. Mainly because we do it a lot better than the police ever can...
            i belive so, ive had some dealings with the guys from Ogwen rescue via work, they were telling me that missing peeps is the biggest part of thier job.

Comment

i belive so, ive had some dealings with the guys from Ogwen rescue via work, they were telling me that missing peeps is the biggest part of thier job.

Yup, they're our neighbouring team and we call upon each other to assisst.

We probably know some of the same people, but i won't go into all that on here. It's bad enough we've been talking about the green oval!

Comment

heres up to date news for you and on topic

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...5578-24568579/

Comment

Yup, they're our neighbouring team and we call upon each other to assisst.

We probably know some of the same people, but i won't go into all that on here. It's bad enough we've been talking about the green oval!
                  some things are best kept off public forums, like green ovals

Comment

Frostbite... that's a good one....

Last time we were over that way was for the 1,000m race. we found the last missing runner on the Carneddau and got him lifted off.... then had to walk all of the sodding way back down! ###### RAF... :-)

Comment

Frostbite... that's a good one....

Last time we were over that way was for the 1,000m race. we found the last missing runner on the Carneddau and got him lifted off.... then had to walk all of the sodding way back down! ###### RAF... :-)
                      typical, you can imagine the pilot @fxxx them we got a nice warm helicopter....

Comment

typical, you can imagine the pilot @fxxx them we got a nice warm helicopter....
                        Our team doc is also the medical officer for RAF Valley. He was cursing them for leaving him on the hill, but sod the rest of us! :-)

Comment

Our team doc is also the medical officer for RAF Valley. He was cursing them for leaving him on the hill, but sod the rest of us! :-)
                          12.30 am

im off..................

Comment

12.30 am

im off..................
                            I'm working still... but catch you next time dude! :-)

Comment

I'm working still... but catch you next time dude! :-)
                              i'll say Hi to John from you

i'm on call tonight, not exactly working but getting paid for it

Comment

Working...
                              X