Search and Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search and Rescue

Any Search and Rescue bods on here? Mountain Rescue? Lowland/Inland Water SAR? 4x4 Response?

Just thought i would throw the line out and see who bites...
    No, i haven't rescued any mountains this week!

My ol Jack Russell was good at that but couldn't rescue a Surf or a Disco !!!
    So I got a 3.0l instead

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Me

Devon & Cornwall 4X4 Response
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

A not so quick response Kevin
        Hope you n Gerblet are recovering well !

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi mate

Getting there - Gerblet back on phased return on Tue & I go back on phased return the week after
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by OOG View Post
            Any Search and Rescue bods on here? Mountain Rescue? Lowland/Inland Water SAR? 4x4 Response?

4x4 response are opening up a north wales area group on 17 sept
            http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?t=169250
            sorry for the link to a landy forum, but see OOG has a 300tdi as i do
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
              Hi mate

Getting there - Gerblet back on phased return on Tue & I go back on phased return the week after
              Glad to hear it mate ...

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Me too, PADI and BSAC rescue diver.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

It would help if you just got straight to the point of your question/enquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    It would help if you just got straight to the point of your question/enquiry.
                    The point is to see if anybody else spends part of their time involved in Search and Rescue. Apart from the RAF and Coastguard SAR is almost entirely voluntary in the UK, and a good portion of the members have 4x4s... just to have a chat! No subterfuge or alterior motive! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                      4x4 response are opening up a north wales area group on 17 sept
                      http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?t=169250
                      sorry for the link to a landy forum, but see OOG has a 300tdi as i do
                      Had a 300tdi... unfortunately it was written off for me... by a motorbike!

I had heard about the willingness of 4x4 Response to push into North Wales (i'm on a North Wales MRT), and it turns out i live about 1.5 miles away from the OP in that thread!

It'll be interesting to see how they get on, as there are already a couple of groups in N.Wales doing a similar role...

Comment

Had a 300tdi... unfortunately it was written off for me... by a motorbike!
                        What happened?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          What happened?
                          Came to a 4-way roundabout, on a road i know well. Stopped, all roads clear as far as eye can see (at least 100yds).

Set off from 12o'clock position, heading for 6 o'clock position. As i passed the 3 o'clock exit i notice a very fast blur in my left peripheral vision. I'm doing about 10-15mph (it is a Disco!).

Blur turns out to be a biker who decided not to even slow for the roundabout. He creams into my side, hitting the end of the firewall/bottom of a-pillar square on. Lots of broken glass, i stop immediately and have vague notion of a leather-clad shape flying across my field of vision.

Get out, phone out, approach biker and sort out 999/making sure he isn't going to bleed to death or similar between now and the ambulance showing up (i'm on a mountain rescue team and work as a medic on challenges etc).

Bike disassembled itself on impact, took out my windscreen and frame, side window and door, rear door, front left wing, sill, part of roof, knocked steering over slightly etc etc.

Git...

Comment

Came to a 4-way roundabout, on a road i know well. Stopped, all roads clear as far as eye can see (at least 100yds).

Set off from 12o'clock position, heading for 6 o'clock position. As i passed the 3 o'clock exit i notice a very fast blur in my left peripheral vision. I'm doing about 10-15mph (it is a Disco!).

Blur turns out to be a biker who decided not to even slow for the roundabout. He creams into my side, hitting the end of the firewall/bottom of a-pillar square on. Lots of broken glass, i stop immediately and have vague notion of a leather-clad shape flying across my field of vision.

Get out, phone out, approach biker and sort out 999/making sure he isn't going to bleed to death or similar between now and the ambulance showing up (i'm on a mountain rescue team and work as a medic on challenges etc).
                            Bike disassembled itself on impact, took out my windscreen and frame, side window and door, rear door, front left wing, sill, part of roof, knocked steering over slightly etc etc.

Git...
                            you didn't have a pale green preg disco per chance?
                            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                              you didn't have a pale green preg disco per chance?

Aye! Do we know each other?

Comment

Working...
                              X