What was your very first car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpledoris
    Very first car was my mum's Talbot horizon 1.5 Special(!!!) - the first one I owned was a Morris Marina 1.3 Coupe (SNM 851R) which I got when I was 21 - I paid £75 and ran it for a year then his lordship took it up the breakers when the MOT ran out and spent the money down the pub.......Lots of funny stories about THAT car. Followed by a Lancia Delta HF Turbo(B222 JFG),Talbot Samba (great fun in that one too think it was a Y reg -we bought it from a guy in Hemel who'd crashed it into a wall so it had one red and one blue door), a Hyundai Stellar (don't say it), a Vx Viva van, a Mini Estate, aVX victor 101,a Fiat Bravo, and a Skoda Fabia. I think thats all of them!!
    A fellow mini estate man, and I've got to ask, "did you hate yours too?"

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

My First motor was a 1964 HA Viva van with side windows and a home made back seat also the drivers seat was wedged in with the tool box as the floor was Rotten.

Second was a 1964 Mk1 Cortina 1500GT which I managed to drive around Kingston one way system with a snapped con rod! I wish I had a camera at the time as I brought the whole of Kingston to a stand still with all the smoke it put out

Third was a 1967 Mk2 Cortina 1300 which I put a 2ltr lump into with Two twin choke webbers, I also fitted 1600E dash, seats and trim. The body work was in a tatty looking state but it went like ???? off a shovel. I always loved it when the "BOY RACERS" sat at the lights reving up there engine thinking they were going to leave ME in their tracks as I ONLY HAD AN OLD BANGER. Needless to say their faces were a picture when they caught me up at the next lights

Those are my first three motors and the most memorable as I rebuilt all of them in some way or another.

Paul
      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

My first car was a 1971 Ford Mustang Boss with a 351 clevland 6.0 ltr
        I think it actualy is still on the road in Poole somewhere probably still
        only gets 16 miles to the gallon.

Comment

first car

A Mini. that i got as a MOT no hoper with rot in every panel! I was sixteen and it was free so i spent all winter and the next summer working on her. i stripped everything out cut and welded new sheet then hadn rubbed her down for a new paint job (she was bake bean orange) for my 17th my parents had her sprayed BMW Montreal Blue (7coats of paint and un told lacquer) I then fitted a 8 point roll cage and door bars, Bucket seats. At the time i was on work experience with an AC cobra race team called uniclip automotive and they gave me a set of 4point willans harnesses. i then had the engine macheined bored balanced with roller tip rockers, kent cam etc etc. A straight through unsilenced exhaust and hi los all round. With of course 10x8" revolites.

When she was finished i was banned by my parents from coming home later than 10 because it woke up all the neighbours (bearing in mind we live in the sticks).

I also got caught out at college because i told the lecturer i did not come to her class because my car would not start (i was actually in the DT department welding up a lowering bracket for the steering column) when she replied "no you were not, do not lie to me boy! i heard your god forsaken machine from the village at 10 o'clock this morning!......ooops!got me!

Happy days, if any one knows where OUD715W is i have abounty for her safe return!

next car was a Citreon AX GT (pocket Rocket) then a MG B GT which i totally rebuilt (went like stink for a B) then a Fourtrak and a Alfa 75 Veloce track car and a Chevette HS (all at the same time) then a Peugeat 306 XSI (nice but boring and now a SURF!!!!!!! and maybe a rod hmmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
            A fellow mini estate man, and I've got to ask, "did you hate yours too?"

Fish
            We hated it that much we just left it in a car park and never went back. does that answer the question!! It was actually bought for my stepson to do up but he said it was skanky. Add to that towing it home from Watford buggered up the Hyundai engine big time.........they both went but we did have a very scary moment when the H turned up around the corner having been bought at auction by someone fairly local........E345 FVV haunts me to this day - it blew up 2 days after we moved into our house,fecking thing.we were without transport hence the talbot samba came.......

Comment

First was a 1969 Isuzu Bellett in Canary Yellow
              Next came the sad old 69 Mk 2 Cortina with 155 crossplys a pokey 1300 motor and column change, the bench seat had its uses
              The the real one
              MK 2 Cortina GTE 1600 motor giving 115 BHP Lowered on alloys and fat tyres
              Metalic burgundy and polished chrome bumpers, tiger pattern fluffy seat covers and dice from the mirror. Wooohoooo the babe magnet!!!!
              Then the 1989 Lada Niva 4x4.......um thats enough about that
              Now the grey ghost
              1990 LN130 Surf
              Work vehicle is a G93M Scania Fire Appliance
              Now that has pulling power
              Simon.O.
              '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

First car

Took my test (1967) in my Dad's Triumph Herald convertible, with a Brabham Climax engine fitted!! The 3" exhaust exited just under the Examiners door!
                The first car I owned was a Mk1 Cortina 1500 Super in a maroon colour. It was a real Q car because it looked a typical Granny machine, but had an Ian Walker Racing Stage 3 engine under the bonnet - with suitable braking and suspension mods. Went like the proverbial!!
                Ah happy days - good clear A roads, empty motorways and not a speed camera in sight!
                Keith

Comment

p6 rover 3.5 v8 lol
                  Attached Files
                  ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

Fish
                    I also had a mini estate, it was a lovely hand panted blue with the ultimate added feature of green moss growing in the sliding rear windows. 850cc, all that power, some days it would actually pull up the hills round here in second gear. Cost me £75.

Comment

First car

Originally posted by Granville
                      Fish
                      I also had a mini estate, it was a lovely hand panted blue with the ultimate added feature of green moss growing in the sliding rear windows. 850cc, all that power, some days it would actually pull up the hills round here in second gear. Cost me £75.
                      Mine was a 1953 Ford pop van. Side valve,rod brakes,6 volt lighting and wipers that worked on some sort of air system which caused them to stop working at speed( ie 35 mph)

Comment

Hillman Avenger Tiger, with a bag of sand in the boot for when the roads were wet.

Comment

A Renault 5 called Pippa!! Had it 12 years then it sat for 3 on the drive, then went banger racing!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

volvo 440 1.8i Lx great car but it needed new tires really... didnt have any grip in the wet and i lost it once or twice... great car tho, that was only about 10 months ago! had a golf since then and now the surf, oh and still have a 200sx for track use

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Hillman Avenger Tiger, with a bag of sand in the boot for when the roads were wet.
                              I had one of them, stage rally prepped, was cool.

First car was a 78' Morris Marina, 1800TC. Had loadsa fun in it.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had a mk2 Fiesta Ghia, it was top of the range so had sunroof,rev counter and everything
                                Had to take it to the scrap place cos of insurance stuff but it was a great car - I downshifted so much for roundabouts and it used to pop like a rally car, 1.1
                                Next up was a mk3 Astra 1.7TD (Isuzu), pretty lively too and I loved it until lots of wires melted...
                                and now the Surf and I hope to have it a long long time..
                                Tim
                                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                                X