Fluid advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluid advice

Right, emigrating to Finland at the beginning of October and the Surf's coming too! Due to have a full service done on the V6 in a couple of weeks and I'm after some advice on what fluids for the garage to pour in.

I'm going to be living in Helsinki with average winter low temperatures of -7C, but with potential to drop to -30/-35C

Summer temps average 20s with potential of 30C, so similar to the UK.

So, what oils should I be putting in to cope with the winter, and what's the mixture of anti-freeze?
    Last edited by Nicely; 25 August 2009, 21:23.
    1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

i was going to ask a similar question i want to top up my isuzu with antifreeze coolant iwas told when i bought my surf that the only thing i should ever use was toyota antifreeze / coolant i think it came ready mixed so no water was used . would anyone on here recommend this ?.thanke .steve

Comment

50/50 Anti freeze/Water (soft or Distilled) is the maximum mixture. 100% screen wash and 10/40 semi synthetic engine oil.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Oil....

The guys over at ToyotaDiesel have a wealth of info on running in a cold climate - lots of Canadians there. Interesting stuff on block heaters / oil pan heaters / fuel heaters.

Rob.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by wishbone; 25 August 2009, 22:13. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
          i was going to ask a similar question i want to top up my isuzu with antifreeze coolant iwas told when i bought my surf that the only thing i should ever use was toyota antifreeze / coolant i think it came ready mixed so no water was used .
          Bullshit. Anti freeze is anti freeze. I use the red stuf from Halfords.

Comment

thanks for that andy

Comment

Mind use the same colour that's in there already though. Unles you flush the system and start afresh.

Comment

Cheers. How about gear and diff oils?
                1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

Comment

Working...
                  X