Panhard Rod sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhard Rod sensor

Been wondering... What's this sensor system? Long rod attached to the panhard rod on one end, some sort of sensor/actuator on the other end.

Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

That be your rear brake actuator that be......
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Yeah, it senses a drop in the body on the suspension when the truck is loaded and increased the rear brake bias.

Comment

It's the bit that lots of people forget to bleed when bleeding the brakes.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

LSPV. Load Sensing Proportioning Valve. The name says it all.

Nev

Comment

Is this LSPV serviceable or need to replace with new one? There's a slight leaking on my surf '92.

Comment

I noticed a slight "wetness" on my 92 too() i was wondering if this thing could be done away with, seems like another piece of unnessisery cr@p to go wrong to me, trucks mostly at a constant weight so seems to me this is doing buggereall!
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Might be unnecessary for you but I suspect that most Surfs vary from empty to loaded to the gills - I know mine does !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Mine is more often not loaded and normally at constant load. Is it also safe for long and off-road drives?

More Thanks,
                  Chard

Comment

you need it all the time, the weight balence to each axle of the truck changes while you brake. if you brake hard, the back lifts, so you need less pressure to stop the rears locking up. if you brake gently, then you can have more brake on the rear end making the front less likely to lock.

You need it, leave it alone! Its not just about having to much crap in the back...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      you need it all the time, the weight balence to each axle of the truck changes while you brake. if you brake hard, the back lifts, so you need less pressure to stop the rears locking up. if you brake gently, then you can have more brake on the rear end making the front less likely to lock.

You need it, leave it alone! Its not just about having to much crap in the back...

Oh $hit!!! now you tell me!, i took a hacksaw to it

(not really)
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                      X