Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    top reply!
    It was good advice. It does seem that my advice, to amateurs, on not doing it yourself is beginning to be heeded by others. That, in my opinion, can only be a good thing.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Could be then. The oil obviously has to be going somewhere. How much is it using/losing?
      Not much, maybe an extra litre a month (300 miles)? The smoking is very very light just now, barely noticable. I've not noticed the smell of oil, it was a workmate that commented on it.

Comment

Could be valve stem seals... This would match up with your symptoms andy
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          Could be valve stem seals... This would match up with your symptoms andy
          That's been in my mind too. But the head isn't that old, so I'm hoping they're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            That's been in my mind too. But the head isn't that old, so I'm hoping they're ok.
            I'm sure if practically every cortina in the world could run withis issue these Japanese engines should cope andy
            AS it happens on the overrun, it does seem to suggest this,but unless it gets really bad I would just live with it
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              I'm sure if practically every cortina in the world could run withis issue these Japanese engines should cope andy
              AS it happens on the overrun, it does seem to suggest this,but unless it gets really bad I would just live with it
              i agree here.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X