No announcement yet.

Rear passenger windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow you live in Reo De Jenirieo with the name of a Scottish bird. Have you tried sliding your hand up the glass while someone operates the button. Not a permenant fix I know but at least they will be shut.

Damn Matt beat me to it.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

As a temporary fix take off the door trim, remove the motor, push/pull the glass up and refit the motor. If it wants to drop down you can just make something to hold the glass up, but disconnect the electrics form the motor so you don't start a fire if someone tries to open it in the future.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I already tried the manual assist method with a fair bit of force. Looks like the door needs to come apart and the motor be inspected.... maybe a bit of powdered graphite on the runners too. On old Carinas the wire cable in the motors used to split, giving problems; could that be a cause here I wonder? I hope not since it was impossible to find replacement wire!
        Will let you know how I get on (have a few other electrical niggles to fix this week also).

Since Rio de Janeiro was mentioned by Phantom, here is a shameless plug:
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59051
        Lots of visits but only two replies to the poll so Please Vote

Cheers,
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Ptarmigan View Post
          Ok,

Rather than start a new thread, I thought better to continue / ressucitate this one.

I saw that the RHS rear passenger window was very slow when it got about half way down. I thought (incorrectly) that a bit of sending it up and down would help it free up. What happened is that the window got slower and slower; in my desperation I tried to at least close it but it must have sensed my fear and so resolved to seize about 2 inches from the top.

When I went to close the other window (LHS passenger rear window) it now doesn`t shut either. OK so I imagined I had blown a fuse but the strange thing is that the LHS will go down but not up. So now I have both rear right and rear left passenger windows stuck 2inches and 5 inches from the top respectively.

It`s dark outside and I`m covered in oil and dirt from cleaning contacts, changing fuses and cleaning earthing points ro try and make the starter motor a bit more responsive; now the wife has banned me from returning to the car saying I need to stay with the children for the rest of the evening if I don`t want to receive divorce papers. Does anyone have a cunning solution for this please?

Cheers,
          Jon.

Hi,
          I was going to be witty with regards to a cunning solution to a threat of divorce papers.. But I'll leave the humour aside in case it's not taken lightly..

Anyhow, my thinking is that the electric window switch could be dirty inside and this is why the window goes down but not up. Can you try using each switch i.e. the one actually on each door of the affected windows (if these are the ones at fault then try the switches on the drivers door.

On my surf, I took the drivers switch apart and cleaned all of the contacts in there.

Good luck
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

And uv it turns out to be the motors, the previously mentioned carina window motors... Exactly the same.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
            X