• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    Yes, I would.
    Cheers.

Comment

and the reason for grub screws and not grease nipples on the inners, is that the grease nipples foul the bodywork, when you fit the TRE's watch how close the TRE's come to the bodywork when turning the steering, mm's in it!

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
        and the reason for grub screws and not grease nipples on the inners, is that the grease nipples foul the bodywork, when you fit the TRE's watch how close the TRE's come to the bodywork when turning the steering, mm's in it!
        Never looked. Normally the grub screws are there because they're cheaper than grease nipples.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Muppet mode question. Having a complete mind blank at the moment.

Which is the easiest/preferable way to work on the track rods? Leave the front end planted firmly on the ground or jack it up a tad?

Comment

i left mine on the ground when i did mine but it will help a bit by having the wheels off the ground tho
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'd jack it up and take the wheel off.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                i left mine on the ground when i did mine but it will help a bit by having the wheels off the ground tho
                Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                I'd jack it up and take the wheel off.
                Cheers chaps. Used a combination of on and off the ground accompanied by large hammer blows and a tuning fork jobbie for splitting the joints.

Getting those adjuster tubes off almost did do me in, btw.

Now for the tasteless tat moment. Seeing as I did the shocks in luminous yellow, seemed a crying shame to pop a bog standard white steering damper on there. So...................

Comment

Hell Matt you've been looking at popeye's pics of his truck to much
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

OMG!!!!!!
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Well, there's no point doing half measures, is there. If one is going to go tasteless, one might as well go the full hog and go totally tasteless.

It offsets the colour of the shocks nicely though.

Comment

Working...
                      X