No announcement yet.

winding up torsion bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighten up Nick, it's all done in the best possible taste (not) and posting tech questions on the general forum leaves ya wide open for the wise guys!
    i've not dont my torsion bars so i did'nt include it in the post you stuck in mods, (just mentioned you can get extra lift by doing em) did'nt fancy putting more strain on the old originals in case they went bang! i seem to remember tho that 10 turns gives ya about 1/2" lift as stormy said measure the gap from the wheel arch to the tyre before you start and do 10 turns at a time and re check, you may have to drive it about to setle it in,
    i know money's a factor but i'd prefer to buy +2" replacement bars rather than crank up 16 odd year old ones, but thats just me!!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by NEZ View Post
      because not everyone is obviously as intelligent as yourself eh?
      Obviously.

As you said to me when you hinted that I'd knowingly flogged a duff car in another post, 'take a chill pill'. Jeeeez...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

im ok, sorry, i wasnt attempting to be aggressive, just frustrated lol

Comment

Me too

Even if I knew you, I'd still stand and watch you sweat like a pig putting 200 turns on the torsion bar before pointing out the top nut was rotating - nothing personal, just the kind of guy I am.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

He pokes injured animals with a stick too
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              He pokes injured animals with a stick too
              Plus muppets with spinning top nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Me too

Even if I knew you, I'd still stand and watch you sweat like a pig putting 200 turns on the torsion bar before pointing out the top nut was rotating - nothing personal, just the kind of guy I am.
                My old man would take great delight in watching me sweat and curse over something all day from the comfort of his arm chair until finally he would pop out and sort the problem in minutes!!!

Comment

Ever heard of this one::
                  Righty tighty, lefty loosey, either way up.

Gman.
                  If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X