yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven is a place on... well, just off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pine12 View Post
    Used to work at the 'big place' near Sevenoaks and spent a lot of time on ranges both in uk and overseas Then moved down the road to sundridge when QQ was formed. Have spent much time travelling to and from the malvern branch.

Now facing the prospect of redundancy after 25 years service!
    Ah, QQ. At least you'll actually get some redundancy then. I was with the other lot, and being a 'mobile grade' would get nothing.

I spent a lot of time at many ranges too! Shall we compare? UK, have been to Pendine, Manorbier, various on Salisbury Plain, Shoeburyness, Otterburn, Lydd, Donna Nook and a few more I cant remember.

USA - White Sands Missile Range, Yuma Proving Ground, Fort Huachuca and various smaller ranges.

Canada - Gagetown

Given the site you worked at, I expect you'll have seen a few of those - and will likely have been at some of the same trials that we were at.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache;563404]Ah, QQ. At least you'll actually get some redundancy then. I was with the other lot, and being a 'mobile grade' would get nothing.QUOTE]

I am a mobile grade to, but they are not going to enforce it!

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I spent a lot of time at many ranges too! Shall we compare? UK, have been to Pendine, Manorbier, various on Salisbury Plain, Shoeburyness, Otterburn, Lydd, Donna Nook and a few more I cant remember.

USA - White Sands Missile Range, Yuma Proving Ground, Fort Huachuca and various smaller ranges.

Canada - Gagetown

Given the site you worked at, I expect you'll have seen a few of those - and will likely have been at some of the same trials that we were at.
      Never been to Manorbier or Donna Nook! Only other ones i would include are Eskmeals and West Freugh.

US: Did a lot of work with New Mexico Tech at Socorro New Mexico.

Canada: Spent some time at DRES near Medicine Hat

Did a few other 'jobs' in south america via Ascension Island and also worked in Norway and with the Aussies at a range some where north west of Melbourne. When i think back irt actually makes my life today look quite boring!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pine12;563519]
        Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Ah, QQ. At least you'll actually get some redundancy then. I was with the other lot, and being a 'mobile grade' would get nothing.QUOTE]

US: Did a lot of work with New Mexico Tech at Socorro New Mexico.
        Small world! We used to stay in Socorro when working at WSMR.

We generally stayed at the Holiday Inn, drank at the 'Sports Page' across the road from there. Ate at either The Roadrunner, El Camino, Socorro Springs Brewery (owned by Mick & Molly) and El Sombrero.

I dated a waitress from El Camino a few times on my first trip out there in '99 - a part Cherokee Indian girl called Amber.

Forgot about 'Wet Through' - went there on one of my last trips before I left.

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache;563522]
          Originally posted by Pine12 View Post

Small world! We used to stay in Socorro when working at WSMR.

We generally stayed at the Holiday Inn, drank at the 'Sports Page' across the road from there. Ate at either The Roadrunner, El Camino, Socorro Springs Brewery (owned by Mick & Molly) and El Sombrero.

I dated a waitress from El Camino a few times on my first trip out there in '99 - a part Cherokee Indian girl called Amber.
          We used to stay at the Super 8 (i think). I think it was up the road from the Sports Page. I was there in 94-95 and the locals used to think it strange that we went out on the beer most nights. I remember one trip where between us we managed to drink the pub dry in a matter of days. There was a lot of us though.

On my first trip my boss told me to fly to Phoenix and then drive to socorro. He said it wasn't far! It was close to christmas, i was on my own and had never driven on the wrong side of the road before!

Comment

Your boss obviously never went to the States then! Mentalist!

Comment

Working...
            X