yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven is a place on... well, just off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven is a place on... well, just off...

... St Andrews Road, in Malvern.

Woodshears Rd to be precise.

There is a small brewery in Hereford called Wye Valley Brewery. They've always produced some great, small volume well respected beers, and they own a few pubs. One noteable one being 'The Barrels' in Hereford.

Just a few weeks ago, they took over over one 5 MINS WALK FROM MY HOUSE!!!

Been up there tonight for a few. Fabulous beers, pretty busy, nice setting, and as said, just 5 mins from the house!

Now I have The Nags Head - 20 mins walk, and Best Pub In Britain 2008, and The Morgan (named for the sportscar also built in Malvern) 5 mins the other way.

Everything's coming up roses!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Now thats just mean. I had one of the best pubs in the world 5 mins walk from me. Homebrewed ales around 30 european specials (including a smoked one and winter ales going up to an alarming 14%) and a great family run atmosphere. It was of course freehold and a couple of years ago youngs shafted the owners and bought it out from under them and gave them 3 weeks to either start selling Youngs and Youngs only or get out.

Its now a souless half assed attempt at a gastropub (two thirds of the pub is food only and it costs a fortune.

Still miss it.

Apache, I'm on my way. You may find me and my lady setting up camp in your garden. Hope you dont mind

Comment

If it takes 5mins to walk there how long does it take to stagger back??
      I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        ... St Andrews Road, in Malvern.
        You wouldn't by chance work at that big place just of St Andrews Road would you?

Comment

Used to, for 10 years, and other 'big places' for 11 years before that.

My department moved to Porton Down last November, and I didn't fancy relocating AGAIN so I left and now work in EMC outside of 'the family'.

Would you be working at the 'big place' near Sevenoaks then?

Comment

Used to, for 10 years, and other 'big places' for 11 years before that.

My department moved to Porton Down last November, and I didn't fancy relocating AGAIN so I left and now work in EMC outside of 'the family'.

Would you be working at the 'big place' near Sevenoaks then?
            Used to work at the 'big place' near Sevenoaks and spent a lot of time on ranges both in uk and overseas Then moved down the road to sundridge when QQ was formed. Have spent much time travelling to and from the malvern branch.

Now facing the prospect of redundancy after 25 years service!

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache;563275Just a few weeks ago, they took over over one 5 MINS WALK FROM MY HOUSE!!!

and as said, just 5 mins from the house! :[/QUOTE]

I can beat that- The Warwickshire Brewery is just 5 DOORS away from my house. Tanatalisingly I can sometimes smell them brewing it!!

http://www.warwickshirebeer.co.uk

Some good cask & bottled ales are made there.

http://www.warwickshirebeer.co.uk/do...ttled_ales.pdf

About 5 doors the other way is the village pub, The Queens Head- proper drinkers pub- no food/kids.

Comment

I'm not quite so close, though I am inbetween Malvern Hills Brewery and St Georges Brewery, each being a mile or two away. A bit further at around 3 or 4 miles as the crow flies is Teme Valley Brewery. No shortage of good local brews here!

Comment

I'm not quite so close, though I am inbetween Malvern Hills Brewery and St Georges Brewery, each being a mile or two away. A bit further at around 3 or 4 miles as the crow flies is Teme Valley Brewery. No shortage of good local brews here!
                  Have had quite a few bottled beers from the Teme Valley Brewery, but they only seem to list three on their web site? All good stuff though!

Comment

I work at the 'Big Place' near Grangemouth. Does that make me sound as important as you lot?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      I work at the 'Big Place' near Grangemouth. Does that make me sound as important as you lot?
                      nah!

Comment

Originally posted by Pine12 View Post
                        nah!
                        Damn!

Comment

This guy works at the big Plaice, does that count?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                            This guy works at the big Plaice, does that count?
                            Probably not.

Comment

How about GWH? He works at the bog place.

Comment

Working...
                              X