Desert Fox Shocks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Fox Shocks??

Found a little info on here regarding Desert Fox shocks but not much feedback from those who have them. I'm looking to fit +2 springs and shocks to my truck but Roughtrax don't stock the Procomps any longer and are looking at Desert Fox as an alternative.

Anyone using them?

AL
    If at first you don't succeed,
    Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

If Roughtrax are selling them then they'll be fine. They don't sell crap.

It's not rocket science regarding shock absorbers for an old, two ton 4x4, any make will work.

Comment

Thanks Bushwacker,

I agree, any make will work, but some work better and for longer than others before they start to fall apart......hence my reason for asking!

AL

Comment

think popeye was sent some , think some was found on american site if i remember right they was ok , put desert fox in google might help more ,
        also sure pete was running 3rd gen on them also springs was real heavy duty
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Alamo View Post
          Thanks Bushw H acker,

I agree, any make will work, but some work better and for longer than others before they start to fall apart......hence my reason for asking!

AL

sorry but he hates his name spelt wrong.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHTHACKER View Post
            If Roughtrax are selling them then they'll be fine. They don't sell crap.
            Probably why they stopped selling them...They are not known as Procrap for nothing.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Alamo View Post
              Found a little info on here regarding Desert Fox shocks but not much feedback from those who have them. I'm looking to fit +2 springs and shocks to my truck but Roughtrax don't stock the Procomps any longer and are looking at Desert Fox as an alternative.

Anyone using them?

AL
              I have em on the front, +2" not got round to the rears yet, (well it's only been six months, give us a chance) yes there ok, Barry was still waiting for the rear +2's to be shipped but then i recconed i might need +4" to be on the safe side and procomps from LA supertrux was the only option, the deset fox ones seem well made etc but i've not done any off road so cant comment, plenty of bumps and pot holes round here tho and they've been good,
              did'nt get much feedback but as no one had em on it was understandable, they were a fair bit cheaper than the pro's
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks All,

Apparently Roughtrax are still awaiting delivery but said they'd give me a call when they arrive - only placed one or two orders with these guys but can't fault the service so far.

Its very likely I'll give em a go so will let you all know the verdict.

Apologies to Bushwhacker for accidentally dropping the "H".

AL

Comment

Don't worry too much buddy we do it all the time round ere n I'm sure Vince let ya off this once !!
                  Hertfordshire = ertfordshire, Harrow = Arra, Heathrow = eathrow

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                    Heathrow = eathrow
                    Thought it was 'eefrow'
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

'Thiefrow'
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Fitting a pair of desert fox rears to my 3rd gen tomorrow (or later today!), will update if I get the chance. So there were some others in Barry's queue of people waiting for shocks! He wasn't spinning a yarn and I echo that you can't fault their service; ordered them at 2pm and they arrived next day, spot on!
                        http://www.europeansurfrowers.com/

Comment

Brilliant!
                          I need new rear shocks for the 3rd gen too. Were your springs bottoming out too?

Comment

No, one sprung a leak so I had shock oil all over the drive and my truck was wallowing on the right rear. Installation done, only took an hour and a half, getting the old ones off was the tough bit!
                            Very impressed with the desert foxes, the ride is good, much improved but haven't had a chance to see how they perform over the rough stuff.
                            http://www.europeansurfrowers.com/

Comment

Are they on the regular/soft side or are they stiff/load capable.

Comment

Working...
                              X