End of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
    Well I don't mind driving it somewhere, although with not MOT or tax, it's risky, but needs must when the devil pukes in ya kettle!
    It is a big job actually I took mine off the red truck after selling it and it took me a while..
    Then again I ain't no Mechanic...

Sorry to hear about the surf failing tho mate not good.....
    If I was closer I'd come give u a hand mate and we'd get it done in a day and some....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Gold pants ...........Rocky
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        rob,bring it here mate and i'll do the pump for you.people join this forum to get help and a better understanding of their truck.im willing to spare the time if you wanna get yer hands dirtyi,ll get you to do the donkey work and i,ll be there to oversee and get the truck running again.its not an 8 hour job thats bollox,its a few hours if you know what your doing.
        Make sure he's finished my winch mount first, then you can drop it off on the way to Wales
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
          so richard if i had a big box and if the postage wasn't too much i could send you my surf and you could service it for me
          the only thing i won't do is cam belts on anyones truck apart from mine as i don't want the responsibility if it was wrong but other than that i will do almost anything else
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

rob,bring it here mate and i'll do the pump for you.people join this forum to get help and a better understanding of their truck.im willing to spare the time if you wanna get yer hands dirtyi,ll get you to do the donkey work and i,ll be there to oversee and get the truck running again.its not an 8 hour job thats bollox,its a few hours if you know what your doing.
            That's a very nice offer, and I'd take you up on it, other than to make the Wales weekend I'd need to be with you on thursday (before lunch I guess) which is do-able from my point of view, but can you do it at such short notice??

You are about 5 hours from me..

The front ball joints need doing too, but that's a couple of hours I guess, and I could get the MOT done again locally?

I'll have to check the bank ballance, and if not fiesable this month, then maybe next month.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
              That's a very nice offer, and I'd take you up on it, other than to make the Wales weekend I'd need to be with you on thursday (before lunch I guess) which is do-able from my point of view, but can you do it at such short notice??

You are about 5 hours from me..

The front ball joints need doing too, but that's a couple of hours I guess, and I could get the MOT done again locally?

I'll have to check the bank ballance, and if not fiesable this month, then maybe next month.
              well im on holiday the last week of july.ive got a lot to do at the mo,having to rip the house apart,but if thats any good to you then give me a shout and lets get it done.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

can i make a suggestion,if u havent got breakdown cover,get sum,or use wot u have,ring them,u have broke down and u want to take it to marks,if u have uk cover it will get u there,plus no risk of driving without mot etc,if they ask to roadside just say its cambelt,and u want it towed,and on a flat bed as its 4x4

Comment

Yes, I have full RAC cover, so tis a possibility.....good thinking. will consider this suggestion
                  Rob

Comment

well im on holiday the last week of july.ive got a lot to do at the mo,having to rip the house apart,but if thats any good to you then give me a shout and lets get it done.
                    Ok Mark, I'm letting the little grey cells do their thing, and it's looking like a possibilty...
                    Rob

Comment

i see i raised a slight smile there,do you have wind?
                      Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        Yup.
                        I can probably do the front lower suspension ball joints ( that's what the MOT station listed them as) myself befor I come down, as I have done the steering Idler and the steering ball joints about 18 months ago without any drama.

I take it they mean the ones on the end of the wishbones??
                        Rob

Comment

now this is what the forum is all about...

Nice one Mark...
                          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...9&postcount=41

And there we have a classic example of the 'totally irrelevant quote' genre. Nice one Bob.

Comment

aw hun i know your gutted, but whatever you decide is good, and you have a lot of friends here to help, im impressed x

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...9&postcount=41

And there we have a classic example of the 'totally irrelevant quote' genre. Nice one Bob.
                                True, I don't know why I quoted you, as you rarely have anything worthwhile to say....lol
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X