No announcement yet.

caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a "rule of thumb" do larger caravans cost more to store?

e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mobile-home-lu...3A1%7C294%3A50

this ebay item....looks biggish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
      As a "rule of thumb" do larger caravans cost more to store?

e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mobile-home-lu...3A1%7C294%3A50

this ebay item....looks biggish.

You just pay for an allocated plot, as long as the caravan fits in that plot thats fine.

p.s. My 'van is 16' and there's still about eight feet in front of it when stored.
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 12 June 2009, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        You just pay for an allocated plot, as long as the caravan fits in that plot thats fine.

p.s. My 'van is 16' and there's still about eight feet in front of it when stored.
        Vince - did you want me to get photos of ours done so you can see it?
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

That may be the case in backwoods of Wales Vince but most storage sites in the civilised part of the UK price by size !

PS
          If any of you that are considering buying a van are interested in some hints and tips for newcomers just drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a zipfile of useful stuff including a buying guide for secondhand vans

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

That may be the case in backwoods of Wales Vince but most storage sites in the civilised part of the UK price by size !

Backwoods? Civilised??

I'm not the being fleeced here.

Comment

had a quote from the cc they wanted £376.00 but after asking for a better price they dropped it to £218.00 .dont ever accept a quote from any ins company with out asking if its there lowest even though we have been members of the cc for 9/10 years they will still try and get every penny they can out of you we also had new for old have had since we bought this van (4 years) but they forgot to tell us that it only covers if you bought the van new which we didn't .as for storage we were paying about £80.00 per quarter that was inside a barn .we have just moved our van to a new site an are paying a little more to store it outside. and the cost of a service for a twin axle is about £160.00.pulled it with our isuzu 3.1 with no probs at all but must admit i wouldn't want to tow it with my 2.4 surf.all the best .steve

Comment

Backwoods? Civilised??

I'm not the being fleeced here.

Fair comment !

Didn't really have a lot of choice when I left the Army, needed a living wage and nobody would employ me anywhere decent .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Looks like I am the only one who found a bargain caravan, 3.5k for a fully serviced and certified damp proof, Abi Prestige 590 twin axle with all the luxuries, hot shower, blown heating and cooling lights both 12Vand 240v, full cooker and 3-way fridge, etc.

got it off flea-bay should have gone for more but newbie put a buy-it-now price in the text and SOMEONE kept reporting him to e-bay so his advert kept getting removed and then I come along and offer cash....
                  Tows amazinly well too!

Nissan easly get it to 80!
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                    blown heating and cooling !

Is that air con or just fresh air?

I have to install a/c in mine...
                    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                      Nissan easly get it to 80!
                      Admitting a crime in a public forum is never a good idea.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        S'ok, he said Nissan so thats probably kmh.

Comment

FERGUS if you do get one i've got loads of stuff for sale, WATERHOG-WASTEHOG 2x AWNINGS ALKO Hitch Lock & other stuff
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

It's not a crime to tow a caravan at 80mph on a motorway....!

A FRENCH motorway!
                            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

We used to go camping but my back couldn't cope with waking up on a deflated li lo any more, so we bought a caravan about 4 years ago. Guy we bought it from wanted £5k for it but knocked him down to about £3 1/2 k, he wanted a quick sale cos he was off to live in Canada. Got a mate of mine who works at a caravan body shop to check for damp etc before I handed over any cash. We got all the extras in with the price 2 awnings, water hogs,gas bottles, microwave, wheel clamps, stabiliser etc. Had some brill holidays and weekends away and I tow it with a 2.4. Just have to plan your route to avoid real long steep hills. Fitted a ATF cooler and lifted the back edge of the bonnet a little to help with air flow, also fitted a new rad which has made a big difference. Only down side is the MPG when towing, just takes the grin away a little. Had the outfit over to the lakes last weekend and hope to get up to Northumberland coast next weekend. Much better than hotels, can enjoy the wife's cooking and if we don't like the place just hitch up and move on. Don't knock it till you try it.

Spoggle

Comment

anyone know if i can get an axle re-furb kit?...

wanna replace suspension rubbers etc. etc... it's an AL-KO 1990's... that's all i know!...

anyone find an exploded diagram of one??...

all the AL-KO websites say is take it to a service centre!!
                                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                                X