caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caravan

having enjoyed a nice sunny wek in Wales we are considering getting a tourer caravan. just been trawelling e-bay and noticed a ncie one with a surf inthe corner of one of the photos. anyone on here selling a caravan?

any general tips or hints whne buying a caravan?

How much do you think i am looking ta for a towing hitch and electrics

thnaks as ever for any help

damp look for it, if you find any walk away.
    how much you looking to spend, i'm toying with selling mine for £6k
    tow bar should be able to get one all sorted for £150
    3 gen is the same as a toyota collarado as far as the tow bar goes
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
      damp look for it, if you find any walk away.
      how much you looking to spend, i'm toying with selling mine for £6k
      tow bar should be able to get one all sorted for £150
      3 gen is the same as a toyota collarado as far as the tow bar goes
      Got any photos of yours John? We're looking for a newer 'van soon.

Comment

probably not as much as that as wea re first timers and would want to see how we get on before we invest too much

what is urs just so i gte an idea of what u gte for ur money

Comment

Fergus, if you have a look on here you'll find shedloads of info on caravans (The search button is helpful !)

I think I've also got some general info on choosing a van & other stuff useful for a beginner on my laptop - if you're interested let me know and I'll dig it out

Update:
          Just got to work and checked the laptop - I've got a zipfile containing 10 helpsheets:

Buying a 2nd hand caravan
          Starting out caravanning
          Hints for caravanners
          Caravan Care
          Towbar wiring
          Caravan security
          Stabilisers
          Tyres
          Mirrors
          12v Caravan wiring

If there's any other things you might need just let me know

Last edited by Predictable Bob; 9 June 2009, 06:40.
          Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I just bought a brand new caravan for 15k the first time I took it out the bolts fell out of the A frame cover which then flapped up and down in the wind and broke. Also they wired the lights up wrong when you turn the side lights on the brake lights come on and when you brake the side lights come on. Its going back on Friday for a free repair.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

this is mine
              it a 2002 model 4 berth with full width rear bathroom
              Attached Files

Comment

oooooh! a sunroof
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by fergus View Post
                  probably not as much as that as wea re first timers and would want to see how we get on before we invest too much

what is urs just so i gte an idea of what u gte for ur money
                  got my 25ft 6 berth for 750 quid

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    oooooh! a sunroof
                    it's got 2 and an extractor fan

bought my first van for £300 quid and bought a £150 mazda 626 to tow it, great cheap holidays, plus didn't care if the van or car broke down as we would have just scrapped them on the spot and get a train home.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Got any photos of yours John? We're looking for a newer 'van soon.
                      What do you have at the moment, we are looking at replacing our 26ft twin axle one soon...
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                        What do you have at the moment, we are looking at replacing our 26ft twin axle one soon...
                        You wouldn't want ours, it's a shed on wheels, only suitable for a builder or security guard living on site. I only paid 500 notes for it, the awning is worth more than the 'van.

but yours sounds interesting, and I'd prefer a twin axle, got any photos?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          You wouldn't want ours, it's a shed on wheels, only suitable for a builder or security guard living on site. I only paid 500 notes for it, the awning is worth more than the 'van.

but yours sounds interesting, and I'd prefer a twin axle, got any photos?
                          It needs a bit of work at the front, as damp got to it via condensation running off the windows, and there is a repair on the fibreglass on the front, but I'll have to get you some pics in a couple of weeks as it's in Leicestershire and we'll be using it for a dogging weekend.....
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I ask here as the right people seem to be around.

What stringback driving gloves would you recommend? I'd like something to match the beaded seat cover. Maybe I could get a pack which includes a matching flat cap?

Also, I've been thinking of taking up the briar, so what pipes would the readership recommend to go with my tartan slippers?

One more thing, why do these tin snails have names like 'comet', 'rapid' and 'sprite'? Such names conjour up speed. Why not give them names like 'glacial' or 'slug' or 'mobile roadblock' something similarly accurate?

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Rather than start a new thread, I thought I ask here as the right people seem to be around.

What stringback driving gloves would you recommend? I'd like something to match the beaded seat cover. Maybe I could get a pack which includes a matching flat cap?

Also, I've been thinking of taking up the briar, so what pipes would the readership recommend to go with my tartan slippers?

One more thing, why do these tin snails have names like 'comet', 'rapid' and 'sprite'? Such names conjour up speed. Why not give them names like 'glacial' or 'slug' or 'mobile roadblock' something similarly accurate?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                              X