Paypal/Nochex question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    You should get verified, otherwise it tells you you've hit your spend limit at a really inconvenient time. Once it's all properly set up, you don't have to transfer money into it, it'll just pull it out of your bank account when you spend it, and off your credit card if you're skint. Then you either leave it in there to spend on rubbish from ebay or withdraw it if you can be bothered.
    In a nutshell, that's about it. As good a description as any. Only thing to add is if you have money in your Paypal account you can sometimes send it as a 'gift' and the recipient doesn't lose any money in fees!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

paypal is ok .

i have just ,1 hour ago had my ebay account hack and some ### was selling some kids books in us dollars , sorted now .i dont get it but hay what do i know

but yer paypal has worked for me for over 3 years .
      john
      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Cheers again all.

Comment

Welcome to the 21st century Matt.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Welcome to the 21st century Matt.
            I'm not there yet. I signed the wench up instead of I.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              I'm not there yet. I signed the wench up instead of I.
              Good call, spend her money then total denial,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                Good call, spend her money then total denial,
                I'll probably still get shafted in some way.

Last question, (honest). If someone makes a payment to your Paypal account, does that money sit in the Paypal account and then you have to transfer it, (or some other method), into your bank account, if you prefer not having it sat in the paypal account?

Comment

I'll probably still get shafted in some way.

Last question, (honest). If someone makes a payment to your Paypal account, does that money sit in the Paypal account and then you have to transfer it, (or some other method), into your bank account, if you prefer not having it sat in the paypal account?
                  Yes. And that's when they take their comission off you, hence my habit of 'recycling' it on ebay tat.

Comment

Yes. And that's when they take their comission off you, hence my habit of 'recycling' it on ebay tat.
                    So they don't charge their commission *unless* you remove the money from the Paypal account, or is that a separate charge to any transaction charge they may have?

Comment

So they don't charge their commission *unless* you remove the money from the Paypal account, or is that a separate charge to any transaction charge they may have?
                      That's how I've always understood it. But I think it's wrong. Read here:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...side&nav=1.3.2

More money than sense, me.

Comment

That's how I've always understood it. But I think it's wrong. Read here:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...side&nav=1.3.2

More money than sense, me.
                        According to that, (or the way I've interpreted it), the fee is charged the moment you receive a payment? (Still haven't found anything relating to the bank/Paypal transfer yet. Just on the hunt regarding that).

Fees are typically applied only when you receive a payment.

Comment

According to that, (or the way I've interpreted it), the fee is charged the moment you receive a payment? (Still haven't found anything relating to the bank/Paypal transfer yet. Just on the hunt regarding that).
                          That's what I mean. I just don't pay attention to these things. According to this bit, it's the transfer to the bank that's free:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...y-fees-outside

Comment

Cheers Sanch. You'd had me confused for a moment there.

p.s: Every time I had tried clicking on that link it just routed me back to the same page I was on. Poxy pop-up windows.

Comment

Poxy pop-up windows.
                              Third only to:

1. Sites that open a flash window when you click 'enter site' so that your back button doesn't work and everything takes ten years to load

2. Sites that 'block' you from using the back button to escape them.

in my list of hates.

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one who detests those bl00dy tricks. Clubbing is too good for those designers.

Comment

Working...
                                X