Paypal/Nochex question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal/Nochex question

Just a quickie for you peeps who use Ebay and the like. Which is the least annoying or preferable of the two: Paypal or Nochex?

Cheers.

Melons uses paypal ....... no problems for the last 3 years

just beware the clone sites ,,,,join via ebay
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I've never used Nochex. Paypal is fine as long as you're not in a rush to get set up on it. The process seems to get more complicated everytime.

Had my account hacked once (not sure how) and got the money back with one email, so no issues at all.

I use it a lot to send money around the world; it seems to be the cheapest way.

Comment

Paypal or try Google checkout
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Trouble with PP is their fees, also when you get ripped off/have a dispute they suspend the account locking your cash, ours was recently locked for 3 months with a much needed grand in it and no amount of contact released it till PP investigated. H

Comment

Had a similar prob with paypal, froze my account right in the middle of buying several things on ebay, they seem to think i was money laundering due to the "large" ammounts of money passing through my account, (think i had about £150 in there FFS) took some emails and phone calls to restore it (about a week), other than that no probs, know nowt about Nochex
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Had bother with Nochex, couldn't load money so couldn't send money! Gave up after a month and have never used them since.

No major problems with Paypal. I once ordered a set of alloys for the car, for £500, which never arrived Paypal refunded the money after a month.

As far as I can remember you have to transfer money into your Nochex account before you can send it. With Paypal you can use your bank account as long as it has funds in it, or a registered credit card.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                Had bother with Nochex, couldn't load money so couldn't send money! Gave up after a month and have never used them since.

No major problems with Paypal. I once ordered a set of alloys for the car, for £500, which never arrived Paypal refunded the money after a month.

As far as I can remember you have to transfer money into your Nochex account before you can send it. With Paypal you can use your bank account as long as it has funds in it, or a registered credit card.
                I was wondering about that Jim, i've always waited till the funds have actually cleared into paypal before buying, so you can buy as long as you've a credit/debit card regestered with em (and money in it)? thought that was the case but always been weary of doing it in case the payment did'nt go through or summat

Comment

I rarely leave money to build up in my PayPal account. I use one of my savings accounts purely to fund e-bay items/PayPal payments.

You don’t earn any interest with money sitting in your PayPal account... but there again the banks are only paying a pittance on savings at the moment
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    I was wondering about that Jim, i've always waited till the funds have actually cleared into paypal before buying, so you can buy as long as you've a credit/debit card regestered with em (and money in it)? thought that was the case but always been weary of doing it in case the payment did'nt go through or summat
                    Yep, that's right mate. If you have a credit card registered to a Paypal account you simply pay with that then settle the credit card bill when it comes in. I have both bank account and credit card registered to one Paypal account, it will automatically use the bank account to pay but you have the option of using the credit card instead.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                      Yep, that's right mate. If you have a credit card registered to a Paypal account you simply pay with that then settle the credit card bill when it comes in. I have both bank account and credit card registered to one Paypal account, it will automatically use the bank account to pay but you have the option of using the credit card instead.
                      Thats handy to know, i've missed out a few times cos i didn't bid as there was nowt in paypal, cheers

Comment

Cheers for the advice/info all.

Comment

It seems to take at least 3 days for any money to be taken out of your bank account so you should have plenty of time to go on-line and shuffle money between accounts if needs be.
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Another quick question.

Opened a Paypal account now. Do you just add your bank account details to your Paypal account so that one can transfer money between the Paypal account and the bank account and vice-versa, as and when? Is that all that's required?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              Another quick question.

Opened a Paypal account now. Do you just add your bank account details to your Paypal account so that one can transfer money between the Paypal account and the bank account and vice-versa, as and when? Is that all that's required?
                              You should get verified, otherwise it tells you you've hit your spend limit at a really inconvenient time. Once it's all properly set up, you don't have to transfer money into it, it'll just pull it out of your bank account when you spend it, and off your credit card if you're skint. Then you either leave it in there to spend on rubbish from ebay or withdraw it if you can be bothered.

Comment

Working...
                              X