Any One For Air Con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any One For Air Con?

I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the surf air con? When i switch mine on the electric fans against the air con rad all spin but the air con compressor clutch does not engage. There is no voltage present at the compressor when the air con switch is pushed (although it does light up). Have checked fuses under bonnet but don't appear to be any blown. Is there another fuse box somewhere?

I understand that the ECU won't allow the compresor clutch to engage without the air con system being pressurised to a certain level, is that correct? I have pushed the refill valve in to see if there is any gas in the system. It appears there is, but seems to be at a low pressure.

I also believe that older vehicles (cannot remember the cut off date) can not be refilled with the new gas without (expensive) modification?

Basically trying to find out whether i should just ripp it all out or not. I quite like the 'onboard air' compressor' setup that i have read about on this site.

Anyway hope someone can shed some light, thanks.

It's low on gas.

Comment

we should get a certain someone to connect the comp to his backside,plenty of gas there.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        we should get a certain someone to connect the comp to his backside,plenty of gas there.
        That would corrode the system in no time though.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          That would corrode the system in no time though.
          true,but just think of the fun to be had if the internal pipe work was leaking.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

true,but just think of the fun to be had if the internal pipe work was leaking.
            The Johnny Cash song springs to mind yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pine12 View Post
              I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the surf air con? When i switch mine on the electric fans against the air con rad all spin but the air con compressor clutch does not engage. There is no voltage present at the compressor when the air con switch is pushed (although it does light up). Have checked fuses under bonnet but don't appear to be any blown. Is there another fuse box somewhere?

I understand that the ECU won't allow the compresor clutch to engage without the air con system being pressurised to a certain level, is that correct? I have pushed the refill valve in to see if there is any gas in the system. It appears there is, but seems to be at a low pressure.

I also believe that older vehicles (cannot remember the cut off date) can not be refilled with the new gas without (expensive) modification?

Basically trying to find out whether i should just ripp it all out or not. I quite like the 'onboard air' compressor' setup that i have read about on this site.

Anyway hope someone can shed some light, thanks.
              matt has already answered your question,if it were me i would rip it out and convert it to run as an air compressor.much more useful.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                The Johnny Cash song springs to mind yet again.
                just dont light a fag.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

just dont light a fag.

That smiley just started me thinking............

........who'd be the one to p1ss on him if he was on fire?

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmm,i think more gas would be needed personaly.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

matt has already answered your question,if it were me i would rip it out and convert it to run as an air compressor.much more useful.
                      Thanks matt. Rip it out it will be, probably tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                      X