wireless router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless router

ok finally took the plunge,got one,a linksys wrt54gs,first i struggled to get it to work wired,rang help line,they explained how cack virgin is and got it working,fine lovely,ok so now try connecting wireless to the ps3,did setting wep key etc,found ip,lovely,did connection test,lost ip,tried setting again,same result,back to computer,and just saw a bubble go down saying sumthing bout trying to share ip connection???no internet,reset computer,that works now but no ip address when i try to set up on ps3?heeeeelp

its nice to here that this 5h1t gives others trouble and not just me it wouldnt be allowed if it was a car or a washing machine but as its to do with computers its ok to pi55 people about technology should be very simple for the user it should do its thing almost by its self but no its something for a pc so its ok to fcuk us about

Comment

I'm certain when I set up my sons I let the ps3 search for my router/wireless signal selected the one it was, entered the 8 digit wpa and on it went, I dont think you need share the connection as that would pass through the comp, you just need a direct to router connection, ip is possibly 192.168.1.0, cant remember the linksys off hand but its on the base anyway. H

Comment

Hi,what hazzo says is correct, you do not want to share connection with your computer, let the ps3 do the work for you, make sure you password protect your wireless router, so only you and not anyone can connect through you wireless connection,, most laptops now have wireless capabilities built in, and if your connection is not secure, they can use your connection and ip to go online,
        www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
          I'm certain when I set up my sons I let the ps3 search for my router/wireless signal selected the one it was, entered the 8 digit wpa and on it went, I dont think you need share the connection as that would pass through the comp, you just need a direct to router connection, ip is possibly 192.168.1.0, cant remember the linksys off hand but its on the base anyway. H
          did the above but it wont let both "on"at once

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            I have the same router and also had trouble connecting our PS3

Did it via ethernet in the end cos it was easier
            Save earth...it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
              I have the same router and also had trouble connecting our PS3

Did it via ethernet in the end cos it was easier
              ???plz explain?

Comment

Are the pc and ps3 trying to use the same ip address?

Or make sure router is on the right network mode - mixed is best

I also had to open ports for the xbox 360 but not sure if any need opening for the ps3?
                Last edited by Trinity; 4 May 2009, 19:44.

Comment

Are the pc and ps3 trying to use the same ip address?
                  yes without a shadow of a doubt,pc is wired via ethernet,ps3 wireless

Comment

yes without a shadow of a doubt,pc is wired via ethernet,ps3 wireless
                    Can you hard wire the ps3 via ethernet? If so - much easier

They need to be using different ip addresses

e.g - pc 192.168.1.2 - ps3 192.168.1.3

Comment

ok finally took the plunge,got one,a linksys wrt54gs,first i struggled to get it to work wired,rang help line,they explained how cack virgin is and got it working,fine lovely,ok so now try connecting wireless to the ps3,did setting wep key etc,found ip,lovely,did connection test,lost ip,tried setting again,same result,back to computer,and just saw a bubble go down saying sumthing bout trying to share ip connection???no internet,reset computer,that works now but no ip address when i try to set up on ps3?heeeeelp
                      i have virgin and had trouble with my router whhich was linksys. In the end i binned the linksys crap and got a belkin one, not had a problem ever since.
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Can you hard wire the ps3 via ethernet? If so - much easier

They need to be using different ip addresses

e.g - pc 192.168.1.2 - ps3 192.168.1.3
                        nope its other side of room,any way to change the wireless ip?

Comment

any way to change the wireless ip?
                          Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            Yup.
                            ok plz can u tell me how?

Comment

nope its other side of room,any way to change the wireless ip?
                              It should sign in with a different ip to the pc automatically

If you go into the router page in the pc - have a look at the wireless encryption - is it on tkip or aes? - it should be tkip

Comment

Working...
                              X