X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marky
    Oh yes the paint work job LOL
    hehehehehehehehheehheehheheheh ehe
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

If you have surf the same colour as mine be aware of the paint code as the paint that uses this code will not match. It comes out purple im having paint made up at the moment as the code does not clarify with my surf. I will post the correct code for getting paint made up tommorrow 8E3 is apparrently the one as stated on the bulkhead. This code could be the base colour which is different to your final colour, ive ordered this code from Milners & local automotive paint shop & theyre the same no match.
      Where did you get that strech Surf from in your pics?

Comment

Mine's 8E3 (23W as the main code as it is blue over silver).
        Cheers[/QUOTE]

Oh blimmineck...

No wonder all the paint shop people gave us gormless looks when asked for 23W.... or perhaps they look like that anyway...

Anyway, a nice man in Sussex mixes it luvverly.... 'cept it went a bit orange peely coz he said car had silicon on it ???? from transporting ???? and didn't stick... Tom didn't notice it.......I did..!!
        Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
          Oh blimmineck...

No wonder all the paint shop people gave us gormless looks when asked for 23W.... or perhaps they look like that anyway...

Anyway, a nice man in Sussex mixes it luvverly.... 'cept it went a bit orange peely coz he said car had silicon on it ???? from transporting ???? and didn't stick... Tom didn't notice it.......I did..!!
          If you go to a proper paint distributor then they should be able to decode the 23W code into the two component colours - 8E3 which is Toyota Dark Mica Blue and 147 which is light silver grey. Both these codes are PPG colours.

Cheers

Comment

ok guys 8E3 made up at my local paint distributor PARRY'S have matched my paint to this code & its a perfect match PO32 - PA14B He said that 8E3 is a cheap mix & is never the perfect match so this other code is made up from dearer paint.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

ok guys 8E3 made up at my local paint distributor PARRY'S have matched my paint to this code & its a perfect match PO32 - PA14B He said that 8E3 is a cheap mix & is never the perfect match so this other code is made up from dearer paint.
              Excellent Marky.

I'm going to make a note of that as I need to respray my tailgate complete and I will need a really good match as it's a big area. The 8E3 that I got is a good match but then I haven't got it on a big area so there's no real telling.

Cheers

Comment

Po32 - Pa14b Is Dearer But Its Right
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Shish
                  best place to buy Toyota paint, is Toyota

8E3 is Mica Blue, i know this because thats the colour used on the 'dark blue' MR2s, you should need no other codes to get a match... unless it's not original paint thats on your surf...
                  When I worked for a Toyota Main squealer the worst bas***d colour to match on our stock was 8E3 blue mica!!

Anyone with an mr2 in 8E3 p/x was scrutinised carefully and given the mandatory bad news!

Thank the lord, I'm glad I dont do that job now!

Happier but poorer
                  www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

yes maybe then but not know, as every member has input to the forum & sometimes LOL they come up with some good news
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Mica/Aztec ???

I asked about paint colour in a previous thread and was told 23W was Aztec blue.... now everyone's talkin' mica blue..... which please ?? not that it really matters... but I like to get things right....
                      Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
                        I asked about paint colour in a previous thread and was told 23W was Aztec blue.... now everyone's talkin' mica blue..... which please ?? not that it really matters... but I like to get things right....
                        I think they are both the same, 8E3 is called alternatively Aztec Blue or Mica blue I think depending on the year of car is was put on.

The 23W is the combined code for 8E3 and 147 (Blue over silver).

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X