if i remove the fan shroud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
    the electric fan that 2.4s have in front of the rad, not sure if 3.0s have one or not though thinking about it.
    They just have disco lights......
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

=========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

the electric fan that 2.4s have in front of the rad, not sure if 3.0s have one or not though thinking about it.
        er i had a small fan in front of rad but took it off when i removed all the aircon

Last edited by steve s; 28 April 2009, 19:20.

Comment

My local TKmaxx were knocking these out at £20 a shot at the weekend http://www.tools-n-all.co.uk/items/i...LAID=302338069 can go back and see if they got any left if anyone wants to give one a try?

In reply to your original question though, removing the shroud will affect the cooling. The shroud improves the efficiency of the fan, so at low speed or sitting in traffic etc, when the fan is what's drawing air through the rad you may notice it running warmer, or the backup fan kicking in more often. It will affect cooling, but then so will the rad being chock full with mud that's trapped between the rad and shroud aswell.
          hi ian if you wouldnt mind ill give one a go

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            They just have disco lights......

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
              hi ian if you wouldnt mind ill give one a go
              no worries, i'll try and get back in there tomorrow or thursday after work, as i'm away this weekend. Incidentally about 20 minutes from edenbridge, so if they got one could bring it if you wanted to collect it whilst i'm up your way?
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

ERR..... steve, if i were you, i would put that back on,put the electrical feed to it and connect it to the lower temperature sender unit,that is not aircon related...that is an auxilliary cooling fan ,which if im not mistaken, you took of the front of the radiator....the airconrads are underneath the bash plate
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

thanks ian i was also going to ask if i could take you up on the offer of the wheels as i'm not going to fit M/T tyres full time .
                  graham 5hit yes it did come from the front of the rad the reason its not on the car is that its a replacement i bought from e/bay as the original was damaged when i smashed the car about 14 months ago so i should put it back then.

Comment

thanks ian i was also going to ask if i could take you up on the offer of the wheels as i'm not going to fit M/T tyres full time .
                    graham 5hit yes it did come from the front of the rad the reason its not on the car is that its a replacement i bought from e/bay as the original was damaged when i smashed the car about 14 months ago so i should put it back then.
                    yeah i still got the wheels sitting here too, not sure if i'll have room for them at the weekend too, but i'll see what space i got once i'm loaded up, that's if you're gonna be able to get over to forest row area to collect stuff between friday and sunday? Got a spare auxillary fan from a 2.4 here too
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

hi ian i have a fan no prob about wheels not intending to get tyres asap so perhaps i cold come and get them another time and yes i could pop over on the weekend no prob thanks a lot m8

Comment

ok cool, i'll pop into TKMaxx and see if they still got one of the pressure washer thingys then and get back to you later in the week.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

no pressure washers left tonight, sorry Steve. I'll keep me eyes peeled and grab a couple if i see em cheap again, didn't realise they were so expensive at full price.

PM me your number and i'll give you a call or txt if i got room for the wheels at the weekend though if you want?
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

hi ian just tried to send you my phone no and got massage the following users were not found ?

Comment

hi ian just tried to send you my phone no and got massage the following users were not found ?
                              I'm still in hiding from the girls, or maybe they got to me first ...

... you got a PM, hopefully
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

(think that's what its called) from the back of the radiator .will the fan still cool engine . just think it would make washingthe mud out of the rad a lot easier
                                Been running witout the fan shroud for 5 years (due to 2" body lift) my engine hasn't let go yet!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X