yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some ideas needed... well more like questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the numbers Rod....

I still say you should have broke your truck

Hell I'm looking for a bumper big enough to bolt those spots I bought off you onto...

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
      I'd start off with a set of 2" coils from roughtrax and the ball joint spacers. then work out things from there!
      RodLeach

I'm thinking doing what you suggested... the RT coils and i'll change the torsion bars as well... where can i get the balljoint spacers, coil spacers from?

and how long shocks do i need to do this? +2" ,+3" or +4" and how much longer will the brake hoses need to be and where to get them from... i want to do a proper job with this and not bodge it...

i'll then do a body lift... 2" maybe 3" and is the extra inch worth it or does it make the surf wobble too much??

cheers guys for all your insets...
      Brood
      Last edited by 00Brood; 28 April 2009, 07:17.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Comment

Bodylift ......2" east any more and you ave to do lost of extending of bits like linkages fuel filler etc...

spacers / top hats

both the above are available from www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk

springs ...... milners

extended brake lines ..... roughtrax

torsion bars and shocks (+4) from procomp .........cannot remember who has the uk dealership now

Don't know who does the balljoint spacers now ....... (TonyN was getting them)

and a set of manual locking hubs might be a good idea as well

And then one day you will park next to phantoms or mine and still feel small

Last edited by BioHazard; 28 April 2009, 08:46.
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by 00Brood View Post

cheers guys for all your insets...
          Brood
          Ive just noticed this thread. Its the wifes day off, and i was too busy inserting, but your very welcome!

Comment

SMALL parked next to me? Can't see why.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

The MPG on mine is noticably cr@pper with 33's (which will fit on your standard 8" rims btw) muds make the steering very light which makes for a real white knuckle ride at 60-70 MPH, they look the b0ll0ks but AT's are better, plus the noise when added to the rest of the tractor like 2.4's other racket means ya cant hear the sterio without head phones, buy a nice stock 3lt and done with it
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                The MPG on mine is noticably cr@pper with 33's (which will fit on your standard 8" rims btw) muds make the steering very light which makes for a real white knuckle ride at 60-70 MPH, they look the b0ll0ks but AT's are better, plus the noise when added to the rest of the tractor like 2.4's other racket means ya cant hear the sterio without head phones, buy a nice stock 3lt and done with it
                Thats some good advise. My truck looks nice but its hideous to drive unless you like driving a 7foot bucket of custard. Thats why I also have a 3.0ltr with a 2" susspension and a 2" body lift with 33"BFGs. Much nicer to drive and very capable off road.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ntSpacer.shtml

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/index.shtml
                  Last edited by BioHazard; 28 April 2009, 11:36.
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Forget the 2.4 diesel as they just won’t have enough power.

Here’s a suggestion for you......

If you aren’t too concerned about MPG, why not go for the most powerful 2nd gen factory engine, namely the 150bhp 3:0 Petrol V6? These Surfs are often cheaper to buy than a similar spec 3:0 TD.

I know that petrol engines are not as good for wading through deep water, but not everyone wants to get their trucks full of water:...... and with 35”’s and a lift you should be able to wade reasonably well without getting the engine soaked.
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Cheers for all the info...

I'm after a stock 3.0td at the moment... and should have it in the next couple days

I'm like a lil kid before Christmas...

so as things stand... i'll be going for something like the following...

2" body lift... it might be the 1st thing i do...

then either the uprated springs with spaces... and the ball joint spacers in the front... but i'm still confused with this... do i need +2" or +4" shocks for this???

might just dive in and do the 4" super lift... still deciding...

and a set of 33x12.50XR15... on a set of nice alloys... what wheel offset is recommended? it will be probably on 15X8 or 15x10 alloys and can i get away without using wheel spacers?

and some free wheeling hubs...
                      Last edited by 00Brood; 28 April 2009, 18:05.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                        Forget the 2.4 diesel as they just won’t have enough power.

Here’s a suggestion for you......

If you aren’t too concerned about MPG, why not go for the most powerful 2nd gen factory engine, namely the 150bhp 3:0 Petrol V6? These Surfs are often cheaper to buy than a similar spec 3:0 TD.

I know that petrol engines are not as good for wading through deep water, but not everyone wants to get their trucks full of water:...... and with 35”’s and a lift you should be able to wade reasonably well without getting the engine soaked.
                        The V6 has pi$$ all torque... its gutless on 33's.

from what i've read anyway!
                        Originally posted by 00Brood View Post
                        Cheers for all the info...

I'm after a stock 3.0td at the moment... and should have it in the next couple days

I'm like a lil kid before Christmas...

so as things stand... i'll be going for something like the following...

2" body lift... it might be the 1st thing i do...

then either the uprated springs with spaces... and the ball joint spacers in the front... but i'm still confused with this... do i need +2" or +4" shocks for this???

might just dive in and do the 4" super lift... still deciding...

and a set of 33x12.50XR15... on a set of nice alloys... what wheel offset is recommended? it will be probably on 15X8 or 15x10 alloys and can i get away without using wheel spacers?

and some free wheeling hubs...

If you just go for a body lift, the truck will handle like sh!te till the new shock absorbers go on. Just be aware of that..

I honestly wouldn't bother with a 4" superlift.. the cost of one of those would see you with another truck!!! It keeps the angles good but f**k it..

Wheel offset -32 to -51 gives a nice sticking out look without rubbing too much. You shouldn't need wheel spacers with that kind of offset.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          The V6 has pi$$ all torque... its gutless on 33's.

from what i've read anyway!

If you just go for a body lift, the truck will handle like sh!te till the new shock absorbers go on. Just be aware of that..

I honestly wouldn't bother with a 4" superlift.. the cost of one of those would see you with another truck!!! It keeps the angles good but f**k it..

Wheel offset -32 to -51 gives a nice sticking out look without rubbing too much. You shouldn't need wheel spacers with that kind of offset.
                          rod the only thing thats full of sh!t is you. its hasnt got a spare wheel on its roof has it???. its not gonna handle like a sports car,its a 2tonne truck.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

AND...........i do belive ,after riding in the surf formerly known as sancho's,(with the former forum fudgepacker driving)

it has plenty of torque.....especially between fuel stations
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              AND...........i do belive ,after riding in the surf formerly known as sancho's,(with the former forum fudgepacker driving)

it has plenty of torque.....especially between fuel stations
                              quite right gra,if you make it to the next station.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thats Rod's problem - he's all torque.
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X