yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some ideas needed... well more like questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
    Learning from the best matey are you proud of how I have improved?
    Awfully chuffed. You did sort of steal my thunder on responding though.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Awfully chuffed. You did sort of steal my thunder on responding though.
      Ooops sorry. Have to learn to be quicker now won't you

BTW OoBrood - nice one - that was quick.
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

BTW OoBrood - nice one - that was quick.
        nah!! i like to take my time :P
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Comment

Being arsed to search would be a good start
          bl**dy hell bibs!! miserable g!t!!

An everyone else... WTF! If you know answers tell the guy!

Hey brood! welcome to the site an sorry you've not any answers yet!

Right, 35's look loads cooler than 33's on a truck but if your doing any real heavy offroading there is no real way of getting them to work. At full flex they will bash the hell out of the wheel arches!

I ran 35's with a set of +2" coil springs with 2" coil spacers. torsion bars wound to gain 1.5" up front with ball joint spacers to gain another 1.5" on top of that!

Then i had a 1.5" body lift. If i hadn't had a giant exhaust an could've been bothered to move it i'd have gone 2" body lift.

I beat ze cr*p out of the inner arch an they only rubbed slightly on the road.

One guy on another site has cut the bulkhead of the truck up so that the wheels fit without rubbing at full flex.

I'd start off with a set of 2" coils from roughtrax and the ball joint spacers. then work out things from there!

Comment

Ah, it's the young spunker. (Gra's words, not mine).

Comment

Ooops sorry. Have to learn to be quicker now won't you

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                bl**dy hell bibs!! miserable g!t!!

An everyone else... WTF! If you know answers tell the guy!
                I wasn't being miserable cheeky.

Comment

its good to have some friendly banter.... and TA for the advice on the suspension Rodleach...

but where can i find some good looking deep dish alloys that will accommodate 33' or 35'

Comment

Originally posted by 00Brood View Post
                    its good to have some friendly banter.... and TA for the advice on the suspension Rodleach...

but where can i find some good looking deep dish alloys that will accommodate 33' or 35'

Ooo now see - I had to stop myself then, can't steal Matts thunder twice in one thread.

Comment

Ooo now see - I had to stop myself then, can't steal Matts thunder twice in one thread.
                      You just had to put the speck on me, didn't you. I can't think of anything to say in response now.

Comment

Originally posted by 00Brood View Post
                        Hi guys...

I know these questions were asked somewhere before... but i have to know... and CBA to go and search for it..

So now off to the good stuff...

1: 33" or 35" ... what and where can i find some nice alloys that will work with the size tire... (bit of a noob here ) what fuel economy should i expect... it will be on on a 2gen 3.0td manual... You will need 10" wide rims, go for steels from Silverline or JCS. Fuel economy? try 18ish, maybe 22 if you drive like a fanny

2: suspension lift... where can i get the kits from and how much will it cost... and 2" of 4 " lift? Roughtrax is gonna be your cheapest option. Rear springs, longer shocks, BJ spacers from 4crawler, tweak your Tbars. £400 or so should do it.

3: body lift... what do i need and how high?? and the obvious.. how much where to get it from?? Max of 2", £100 or so, get an engineering firm to knock them up

what else so do... Loads, how deep are your pockets?

Cheers
                        Brood

ps all is subject to money availability...

pps sorry for any dodgy spelling
                        Where in Maidstone are you? I am in Snodland. There are a few of us from Kent on here.
                        Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          You just had to put the speck on me, didn't you. I can't think of anything to say in response now.
                          Wahhooooo - stumped

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
                            Where in Maidstone are you? I am in Snodland. There are a few of us from Kent on here.
                            I'm just outside maidstone town center... and on the money side... not very deep cause i'm a student... well... was one 6 months ago

and cheers for the advice on my questions guys

Comment

I wasn't being miserable cheeky.
                              sorry bibs! i forgot the ' ' face.. which normally represents im being light hearted!

1: 33" or 35" ... what and where can i find some nice alloys that will work with the size tire... (bit of a noob here ) what fuel economy should i expect... it will be on on a 2gen 3.0td manual... You will need 10" wide rims, go for steels from Silverline or JCS. Fuel economy? try 18ish, maybe 22 if you drive like a fanny

Um... i dont think you'll reach 18mpg!

my surf was truly, truly awful on fuel! i guessed around 15mpg.. I've just got a (f**ked) Jaguar XJ8 an its doing 17.9mpg an its ligher on the wallet by a fat chunk!!!

dont expect much!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                                sorry bibs! i forgot the ' ' face.. which normally represents im being light hearted!

I should think so too young man

Comment

Working...
                                X