Halfords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bibs View Post
    Yeah - go with everythin you say there matey.........

not a f'n clue what you're on about though but I trust you
    Well, in simple terms, to produce 146 REAL dBs measured at 1m (standard) his stereo would need to be producing several billion (yes, billion) watts, assuming 100% loudspeaker efficiency, when its more likely 40% at best, to produce that kind of level.

Hence BDT either has a mate with a Barryboy sound pressure level meter, or is in fact a Barryboy himself. I have suspected this for a long time. 'Smooved' rear end, chrome wheels etc...

Put it this way, Concorde is quieter, 1m from the engines!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Well, in simple terms, to produce 146 REAL dBs measured at 1m (standard) his stereo would need to be producing several billion (yes, billion) watts, assuming 100% loudspeaker efficiency, when its more likely 40% at best, to produce that kind of level.

Hence BDT either has a mate with a Barryboy spound pressure level meter, or is in fact a Barryboy himself. I have suspected this for a long time. 'Smooved' rear end, chrome wheels etc...
      BBBDT
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

• cheers guys,wellit was 1999 i had a jimy with 2 18 inch earthquake subs each rated at 1000w real,and powered by 2 if remeber correctly amps made by a company called helix at the time,clear perspex over top of the amp,also 8 6x9s,infintity kappa they were powered by 4 300w amps and it was an spl meter used at many of the car shows back in the day,think it was a bloke from fast car,cause i was beaten sound level wise by a man who was called iceman who had a mk2 granda,and he had considerably more speakers than me,to the point where he had to have transit rear springs due to weight

Comment

• Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          cheers guys,wellit was 1999 i had a jimy with 2 18 inch earthquake subs each rated at 1000w real,and powered by 2 if remeber correctly amps made by a company called helix at the time,clear perspex over top of the amp,also 8 6x9s,infintity kappa they were powered by 4 300w amps and it was an spl meter used at many of the car shows back in the day,think it was a bloke from fast car,cause i was beaten sound level wise by a man who was called iceman who had a mk2 granda,and he had considerably more speakers than me,to the point where he had to have transit rear springs due to weight
          Sure you did honey sure you did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bibs View Post
            Sure you did honey sure you did.
            well i did

Comment

• iceman was in redline mag with that ford
              time since now like
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

well i did
                I know - I said I know you did

Comment

• Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                  iceman was in redline mag with that ford
                  time since now like
                  top bloke his fault i did that to a brand new jimny

Comment

cheers guys,wellit was 1999 i had a jimy with 2 18 inch earthquake subs each rated at 1000w real,and powered by 2 if remeber correctly amps made by a company called helix at the time,clear perspex over top of the amp,also 8 6x9s,infintity kappa they were powered by 4 300w amps and it was an spl meter used at many of the car shows back in the day,think it was a bloke from fast car,cause i was beaten sound level wise by a man who was called iceman who had a mk2 granda,and he had considerably more speakers than me,to the point where he had to have transit rear springs due to weight
                    And you want me to buy your Truck ???????????? Are you sure ???
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

• how long ago you talkin
                      coz iam talkin years dude

Comment

• Originally posted by John h View Post
                        And you want me to buy your Truck ???????????? Are you sure ???
                        lol nothing like that anymore,the surf only has 2 12 ich subs,2 6x9s,2 6 inch mids and 2 amps,oh and blue neons that flash to music

Comment

how long ago you talkin
                          coz iam talkin years dude
                          would have been summer 1999 ,god i feel old

Comment

lol nothing like that anymore,the surf only has 2 12 ich subs,2 6x9s,2 6 inch mids and 2 amps,oh and blue neons that flash to music
                            what music tho

Comment

what music tho
                              back then cheesy house,and my fave to play loud was jungle ,bass to interfere with yr breathing

Comment

OMG Apache you were right...........smooth ass says it all

Comment

Working...
                                X