Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfords

why do people go to Halfords?

they are sooooooo expensive and there is always a motor factor nearby that will almost certainly be cheaper!!

why why why??

i only go if i have to but i have a trade card

Comment

Because they are open when the motor factors are not?
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

i agree motor factors are not open sundays but unless its an emergency then why bother, so many people dont even know there are other places out there.

dont be fleeced, do your homework, thats all i am saying.

Comment

Phantoms right, and they may also have more money than you so don't really care....
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Only go there when i have to but they were the only place i found red
            hammerite and an off the shelf iso lead as for local factors my one (who i've known for 20 odd years) wanted to charge me £30 more than the main stealers for batterys!!!
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
              Phantoms right, and they may also have more money than you so don't really care....
              wow! what an attitude you have today, no wonder you have no mates.

i thought i was trying to be helpful and just asked why people did, you must really love wasting your money, good luck to you.

you dont get rich if you waste it though, i wont tell you how much i am worth, lets just say i dont shop at halfords and that has helped lol.

Comment

indeed, my local toyota dealer was the cheapest out of everyone for my batteries, halfords, funnily enough were the most expensive, and what batteries do they use? mmmmm

not worth half what they ask for them.

Comment

Originally posted by NEZ View Post

i thought i was trying to be helpful and just asked why people did, you must really love wasting your money, good luck to you.

you dont get rich if you waste it though, i wont tell you how much i am worth, lets just say i dont shop at halfords and that has helped lol.
                  ding ding round 1

Comment

Originally posted by NEZ View Post

Oi Wind your neck in - I meant they probably have that much money it doesn't bother them to spen the extra.

An no the attitude is not just here today thanks. Oh and I have plenty of mates - that was there because I worked nights for 3 weeks and was on here on my own.

So there

Jeeeyz I've missed this place.

An by the way - lovin' your occupation
                    Last edited by Bibs; 10 April 2009, 16:13.

Comment

So ya eyes are hanging out n batteries are a bit low & in need of a recharge Bibs ...

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                        So ya eyes are hanging out n batteries are a bit low & in need of a recharge Bibs ...

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
                        Maybe yes - Might take myself off to Halfords an see if they can help - not sure I like the way those Motor factor Managers speak to people even if they are cheaper

Comment

i can under stand nez's rant doing wot he does,halfords is shonky,but we all get caught out on sundays,imagine if motor factors opened on sundays they wud make a killing

Comment

I go in there for the Halfords pro tools. Much better than the dross you get from most factors.. Also the staff in Halfords might be as thick as 2 short planks but at least most of em don't smell like they live in their cars...
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I use Halfrauds if its the basics I'm after. Anything else, I generally use the web.

Halfrauds is 5 mins drive from me, and the nearest independent factors is about 25 mins drive away. Do the sums. They have to be a LOT cheaper if I'm gonna spend 40 mins fuel to get there.

Funnily enough, last time I went there, they didn't have what I needed (100w or 130w H3 lamps) but Halfrauds did...
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X