yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions please....and keep them clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any reason why I'd need a new cap and thermostat? Nowt wrong with what's already there....

Comment

oh, and back flush??

Thought the idea was you put water in the top of the rad and kept doing that for a while as the water drained out the tap (?) at the bottom of the rad?

Comment

It's always worth flushing when you drain. Often previous owners haven't serviced the trucks as well as you want to. Even though my 2.4's coolant looked ok when I flushed the heater matrix loads of crap came out.

Back flushing / reverse flushing makes sure any gunk that doesn't come out one way will come out the other. It works!

You don't want to just flush the rad - you want to flush the whole engine.

The new rad cap and thermostat is cheap insurance.
        Last edited by wishbone; 18 January 2010, 23:17.

Comment

Sounds good - will order parts - how much coolant will I need to refill the system, and how do I flush the whole system?? In responding to that please bear in mind I've only had the surf for just under 2 weeks and I'm no born mechanic!

Comment

sorry to jump on this also but can anyone point me in the direction of the hoses for the rear cab heater?

Comment

So, er, who can give me a guide here???

please!

and how much coolant ??

thankyou most kindly in advance!!!!

Comment

I'VE BOUGHT A 5L CAN FROM hALFORDS AND IF IT NEEDS ANY MORE THAN THAT I'LL TOP IT WITH WATER
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers - that's not pre-mixed and can be made up to 10l if needed, so that should be plenty I'm guessing??

Comment

yep.Also on the door card when you release the door handle and pull it out then you can unclip the handle to save faffing about trying to get it out the hole in the door card
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                    X