• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinetic rope

any 1 got any ?

does any 1 want 2 sell some?

or has any 1 got any contacts?

i need some so i can pull landrovers out...
    sigos85@hotmail.com

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

big chains are much safer
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Comment

am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

land-whats?
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              big chains are much safer
              That's a big no no for kinetic recovery

Kinetic rope = 12 ton break .........50% stretch.........app £40 / £50

24mm polyprop = 7.5 t break.........35% stretch........app £12 / £15

You'll be hard pushed to break 24mm poly if it's long enough and it's length you want.
              I always carried 1 @5mtr, 1@10mtr and 1 @ 100ft. With the hundred footer you can reach road speeds but because you have app 35 ft of elasticity it's really gentle but unstobbable in it's recovery power.
              And yes, I also have a kinetic, just didn't use it.
              Best way to buy is get a 220 mtr coil between a few and splice it yourselves (5 splice min)
              Rod

Comment

i'll stick to my lifting strops and d shackles

Comment

Originally posted by rodp View Post
                  That's a big no no for kinetic recovery

Kinetic rope = 12 ton break .........50% stretch.........app £40 / £50

24mm polyprop = 7.5 t break.........35% stretch........app £12 / £15

You'll be hard pushed to break 24mm poly if it's long enough and it's length you want.
                  I always carried 1 @5mtr, 1@10mtr and 1 @ 100ft. With the hundred footer you can reach road speeds but because you have app 35 ft of elasticity it's really gentle but unstobbable in it's recovery power.
                  And yes, I also have a kinetic, just didn't use it.
                  Best way to buy is get a 220 mtr coil between a few and splice it yourselves (5 splice min)
                  Rod
                  at last a sensible reply.thanx.

our offroad club suggests we dont use straps because theres no give in them.and as 4 chains they r best left on toilets.lol
                  sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 286bhp View Post

our offroad club suggests we dont use straps because theres no give in them.and as 4 chains they r best left on toilets.lol
                    What club is that? Surely kinnetic ropes are way more dangerous than properly rated straps?

Comment

Kenetic sounds all fine and Dandy, but i have recently found out they are a big no-go. And that is from guys that have been there and done it all, they are deadly

Comment

Make sure you, and the truck you're recovering has some really secure recovery points as you really dont want a bumper and a bow shackle through your windscreen.

Check out youtube for lots of occasions where it goes horribly wrong. I'm not saying you're incompetent, just that unless you're getting VERY VERY bogged up to the axles, its not going to be necessary. A normal lifting strop correctly used will recover something that isn't sunk 2ft in mud.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well we are constantly stuck 2 ft deep in mud and a decent strop has never let us down yet, once u get that stuck that a decent strop wont do u are as well getting a winch to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                            Kenetic sounds all fine and Dandy, but i have recently found out they are a big no-go. And that is from guys that have been there and done it all, they are deadly
                            i agree.
                            the thing with kenetic ropes is that if your trying to pull something out thats stuck, you have no way of knowing that your gona be able to pull it out with a kenetic rope untill its too late! and SNAP, run for cover! lol.
                            its best to have something firmer with less give so you can get an instant feel for wether or not the veichle is going to budge or not.
                            with the kenetic rope you can just keep reving and have no idea when the rope is about to give or not. which is very dangerous.
                            im talking about a situation where the truck is truly stuck and you will need a winch to get it out.
                            why risk damage or injur just to find out if she will come unstuck or not is what im saying.

Comment

To be honest, it's probably because quality of your question wasn't that good.

Comment

Working...
                              X