• Show
Clear All

Pretty car!!

So just go in an play hardball?!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
      Pretty car!!

So just go in an play hardball?!
      Yeah, it's your money they want! Go in stupidly low, see what they come back with, don't give up - keep it as low as you can....

I have a copy of Glass's guide for Feb 09, and this car, with the mileage adjustment books at £5,300 trade! £900 less than that is where they were prepared to go for space on their forecourt...

A good trick is to find a car you like, on a non dealer garage - for example, Audi on a Volvo dealer, they want the space for Volvos, not Audis....see what they would accept!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
        Yeah, it's your money they want! Go in stupidly low, see what they come back with, don't give up - keep it as low as you can....

I have a copy of Glass's guide for Feb 09, and this car, with the mileage adjustment books at £5,300 trade! £900 less than that is where they were prepared to go for space on their forecourt...

A good trick is to find a car you like, on a non dealer garage - for example, Audi on a Volvo dealer, they want the space for Volvos, not Audis....see what they would accept!
        Damn! your good!

Just need the bl**dy surf shifted an i can crack on!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          Damn! your good!

Just need the bl**dy surf shifted an i can crack on!!
          well drop the price to a sensible figure....say £700 and the surf will be gone woddderick!!!!
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
            well drop the price to a sensible figure....say £700 and the surf will be gone woddderick!!!!
            It's a fair point, unfortunately, the mods are only worth money to you - the buyer may see it as less work and expense, but not to the full cost to you of doing it all.....I think you need to be more realistic about how much you really want it to go for, and try to ignore how much it cost you to get it to where it is! Sorry to say it, but that's the same way you'd look at it if you were buying something similar!

Comment

Wise words sensei........nice mowtahhh btw guv (and more good news i think i just got a job again.....and if i have its about 10 large ones a month...wahoo !!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                Wise words sensei........nice mowtahhh btw guv (and more good news i think i just got a job again.....and if i have its about 10 large ones a month...wahoo !!
                Well done Gra, local ? Does it involve poo or cider this time ?

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                  Well done Gra, local ? Does it involve poo or cider this time ?

Trev
                  leigonaires disease trev !!

I saw an audi Q 7 t'other day mr mud and had a good look around, and i have to say i quite liked it.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

leigonaires disease trev !!

I saw an audi Q 7 t'other day mr mud and had a good look around, and i have to say i quite liked it.
                    A Q7 ??

Just a tadge different to the beast !!!

Comment

Im now unashamed to say...........i liked the toyota "softroader" , i had in the states,better than any other motor ive driven...it was lush
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Im now unashamed to say...........i liked the toyota "softroader" , i had in the states,better than any other motor ive driven...it was lush
                        Nought wrong with that Gra, mind you they tend to be a wee bit more laid back with their driving over there, and a soft roader would feel more at home.

Comment

Good going young Gwa! Hope you get that, should sort you out for fags and squash!

Q7, not for me, I have a Surf for big stuff, this is for work and looking smart in a suit fro time to time, yes, it does happen, sometimes

No change on the insurance from the Schmolvo either - I'll have the wheel off in the morning to see what's making it wobble, order what it is then sort it before the weekend!

But by golly it's quick!

And just out of interest, how do I get a job like that for ten large a month?? I need to get out of what I'm doing, I read something in the Big Issue today about one of our competitors in India, and it made me feel sick! I need a change dude!

Comment

Good going young Gwa! Hope you get that, should sort you out for fags and squash!

Q7, not for me, I have a Surf for big stuff, this is for work and looking smart in a suit fro time to time, yes, it does happen, sometimes

No change on the insurance from the Schmolvo either - I'll have the wheel off in the morning to see what's making it wobble, order what it is then sort it before the weekend!

But by golly it's quick!

And just out of interest, how do I get a job like that for ten large a month?? I need to get out of what I'm doing, I read something in the Big Issue today about one of our competitors in India, and it made me feel sick! I need a change dude!
                            To be perfectly honest andy, you have to keep smiling whilst raw sewage goes over the top of your wellies and gets through your gloves.You have to keep smiling through smells that would make a camel hurl.You have to keep smiling when you pick up a myriad of minor infections, and pray and hope its not dengue fever or (more recently) yellow feverYou smile when your injections against these diseases make you REALLY sick.You most certainly have to keep smiling whilst you operate,analyse,optomise and commision, this wonderful place you find your self in for about 90 hours a week...and above all you have to keep smiling (even though ,during the summer, you would not want to get within 10 feet of me ,let alone join me for dinner)...and then you smile when you hand it over to a stroppy company employed man, and let THEM ,tell you how it is and what to do and so forth and so on.I always do one thing to the tinpot hitler you encounter at the end of a job though.....show him me last months invoice

oh and i smile

(and smell)
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

To be perfectly honest andy, you have to keep smiling whilst raw sewage goes over the top of your wellies and gets through your gloves.You have to keep smiling through smells that would make a camel hurl.You have to keep smiling when you pick up a myriad of minor infections, and pray and hope its not dengue fever or (more recently) yellow feverYou smile when your injections against these diseases make you REALLY sick.You most certainly have to keep smiling whilst you operate,analyse,optomise and commision, this wonderful place you find your self in for about 90 hours a week...and above all you have to keep smiling (even though ,during the summer, you would not want to get within 10 feet of me ,let alone join me for dinner)...and then you smile when you hand it over to a stroppy company employed man, and let THEM ,tell you how it is and what to do and so forth and so on.I always do one thing to the tinpot hitler you encounter at the end of a job though.....show him me last months invoice

oh and i smile

(and smell)
                              You can keep it all mate!

Comment

You can keep it all mate!
                                Didnt think you would be interested
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X