No announcement yet.

How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the privilege of getting my feet wet from holes in the floor while fording an old Alter once. The guys in the back (about 8 of them, it was a pickup) had a tree to hold onto while I drove though, but not much left to stand on (the chassis frame was mostly still there, but a bit slippy - the bed had almost entirely disintegrated). The grass growing out of the sides of the bonnet probably helped seal the engine bay from too much water getting in.

Does having plants growing in your car help with carbon offsetting?
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      I believe they use them to watch the road markings when driving to ensure they are central to the lane they are driving in and not the kerb, but i do not profess to be certain on this and await being corrected by those in the know.
      According to the handbook they are there to watch for objects in your n.s.blind spot. The way mine is I wouldn,t see anything there till I got out to see what i,d just run over.
      I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
        According to the handbook they are there to watch for objects in your n.s.blind spot. The way mine is I wouldn,t see anything there till I got out to see what i,d just run over.
        If its bugging you, do what a mate of mine did with his, take it off & stick a gromet in the holes.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

The mirror can be adjusted. Remove the cover and you will see an adjustment screw inside.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
            It's just a parking mirror, to aid parking as close to the kerb as possible. I read somewhere you can get fined if you park too far away from the kerb. (In Japan) they need the space in the cities.

I removed mine as soon as I bought my truck as it used to be a 2.4 diesel and the mirror was causing drag, slowing me down.

Comment

I think it can wait for the warmer weather. With my luck the plastic will be brittle with the cold and shatter if I try to take it apart now

cheers for the advise Nev
              I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

After I bent the Surf in Cornwall last August they replaced the mirror along with the wing - the new fitment has 2 mirrors at right angles so you can see the kerb AND how close you are to the car in front

I find it very useful when I'm in the outside lane at 85 and the chav in the Corsa won't move over ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                X