Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall done, Not road worthy

Cant belive it, got the surf back from its recall today, Guess what

they deemed it not road worthy, I dunno why, but heres the list o stuff they picked up on,
    1- 3x wipers torn, not a thing wrong with ma front two
    2-OSF sidelight,NS headlight,OS brake light all out, I put it in with both sidelights out but both headlights working, so work that one out.
    3-Rear number plate lighhts out
    4-Timing belt done? Well it was done a ###### year ago, erses just looking for stuff to pick up on
    5-Rear wheel arch loose, I.e extended wheel arch is a we bit wobbly.
    6-No front Number plate, Well its on the bonnet
    7-Brake fluid needs topped up + advised change, Do that when i get extended brake lines
    8-Excessive play in NSF wheel bearing
    9-Excessive play in NS idler arm
    10-Posible leak from steering Box, Possible F**in possible, eiter it is or it isnt FFS, How can it be a possible leak
    11-Rear prop rear UTS worn
    12- oil needing topped up.
    Then to top it off, No road test carried out, not road worthy.

Bonus is, they valeted it, its not been cleaned for more than a month, andd that was only a hose down from Drumclog, cracking job they done o cleaning it thouogh.
    4-

I guess what they are trying to tell you is that you don’t look after your truck properly
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Heres my question - if i dont have the recall done, that is if i need it, is there any safety risk?
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I thought i did Clearly not though

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
          Heres my question - if i dont have the recall done, that is if i need it, is there any safety risk?
          Go on, ge it done, you know you want to, well, at least i know i need to fix the truck now

Comment

well on paper yes but these/our trucks are old so my view is if it was gonna break it would have by now,but then the other point is,it's free so why not?
            plus also if u have a major accident and hurt/kill sumone and police/soco find out there was/is a recall on yr truck then u will get strung up in court

Comment

As i understand it it can snap under extreame condictions, ie off road, over rocks etc, but i should have thought if it aint broken after 16-17 years it's not going to
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Bugga!!! your quick
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I've heard of this happening a few times. They think you might not question their 'free' safety check and just open your wallet for them to rape.

The MOT man will say what is and what isn't roadworthy, not some feckin thick, underqualified main dealer excuse for a mechanic.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    As i understand it it can snap under extreame condictions, ie off road, over rocks etc, but i should have thought if it aint broken after 16-17 years it's not going to
                    ian we "have"done this conversation b4 lol ,u r the same as me and you really dont like the idea of sumone driving yr truck around,but just get it done matey,if yr worried make a note of the odo reading before u leave it

Comment

That list looks reasonable. I wouldn't mind someone looking over my truck for free and picking stuff up. Just drive it away and fix it in your own time.

Comment

Hmm im just happy the cleaned my truck, nae worried about the safety check, still drives fine, starts first turn o the key, Av no worries. The sales Rep seemed pretty pleased with it, said it was a cracking looking truck, then told asked me if im looking for a newer one LMAO I must look stupid

Comment

Mine came out with a list of faults too. I asked the 'mechanic' to show me exactly what was wrong with the truck. He and his foreman declined my request once they found out I was a mechanic.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ian (Popeye) get the recall done ... mate
                            Take pic's of ya truck if ya don't trust em !!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

There gunning for us now

Comment

Working...
                              X