lcd tvs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd tvs....

ok well atlast we can just about afford one,been a long time coming,anyways i'm looking for recomendations plz,as im clueless with these,swmbo definately wants a big un ie about 50 inch,maybe 47 inch,but under a grand,thought id ask here as im sure u lot will have good/bad experience of them,tia

Buy a plasma. LCD are all crap.

Comment

definately plasma better picture and cheaper in many cases.samsung are really good.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

really id been told the the other way round,especially as it will be used for a ps3 and wii?

Comment

We have a projector. Got it reconditioned from Richer Sounds for £420, although new it was originally about £1000. It's plenty big enough, great for films and doubles as a computer monitor for the living room (wireless keyboard and mouse). Plus it disappears completely when we turn it off.

Andy
          http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            really id been told the the other way round,especially as it will be used for a ps3 and wii?
            HAHAHAHAHAHA.i was told the other way round.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Samsung LCD, plasmas have a limited lifespan.

Comment

All I can say is that I've got a plasma and it's cracking. I didn't want LCD as it tends to blur with fast moving images. If I had the choice, I'd have a proper (CRT) telly, but no-one seems to sell them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Samsung LCD, plasmas have a limited lifespan.
                  thats what i was told,sumthin like when the bulb goes its several hundred to replace,ps love the projector idea but mrs doesnt

Comment

Independent view here. Looks like we're all right....

http://www.somucheasier.co.uk/ed-pla...ifference.html

Comment

I got a 42 inch LCD ONN from Asda for £593, ###### good telly and cause it's the ASDA brand I can just go into any store and swap it for a new onw should it stop working.( a manager in asda told me I could even do this after a year cause I might have lost my reciept.....ssshhhhhh!)

I was so chuffed with it I bought a 26 inch lcd ONN as well for my xBox.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                        Independent view here. Looks like we're all right....

http://www.somucheasier.co.uk/ed-pla...ifference.html
                        well after reading that lcd is def for me,lasts twice as long,and im mounting it on a wall swivel bracket

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          I got a 42 inch LCD ONN from Asda for £593, ###### good telly and cause it's the ASDA brand I can just go into any store and swap it for a new onw should it stop working.( a manager in asda told me I could even do this after a year cause I might have lost my reciept.....ssshhhhhh!)

I was so chuffed with it I bought a 26 inch lcd ONN as well for my xBox.
                          really i wouldnt have thought it would be that good being their own brand?is the sound good?

Comment

Do your research, and make your choice. I got a Plasma recently, as my research led me to believe, that picture quality was better than LCD, particularly for fast moving images, and that Plasma and LCD lifespans were nowadays comparable. The "burn in" effect from Plasma is also not an issue if your not showing still images and if you turn the contrast down from the default high setting.
                            I got a samsung, partly based on reports and partly on price. Samsung speakers are generally seen as tinny and crap, but I didnt bother with that as I have the sound output hooked up via my stereo, pumping out of my Bose acoustimass speakers
                            Im not disappointed with my Samsung plasma. If you wall mount it, bear in mind Plasma is heavier than LCD. I also put a set of those IKEA strip leds behind mine to backlight it. looks good.

Bogus
                            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                              really i wouldnt have thought it would be that good being their own brand?is the sound good?
                              sounds fine to me. pic is good and lots of hd ports and the like yo plug things in.
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                              X