Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi people, new member here just saying hello. Havent got a surf yet but i am looking.

Mark

Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of info on the surfs as I'm new to these vehicles and not sure whats what.
    First off is the 3.0 litre diesel model a V6? Also what are the running costs of these compared to the older 2.4 and how much is the tax on the 3.0. Does the tax depend on when it was first brought into the country or just the year it was made.

Sorry for all the beginner questions guys.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark1 View Post
      Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of info on the surfs as I'm new to these vehicles and not sure whats what.
      First off is the 3.0 litre diesel model a V6? Also what are the running costs of these compared to the older 2.4 and how much is the tax on the 3.0. Does the tax depend on when it was first brought into the country or just the year it was made.

Sorry for all the beginner questions guys.

Mark
      3.0 is a 4 cyl, consumption is much the same as the 2.4 but it allegedly has more power.

Don't ask about tax, it causes fights.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

edited that fast
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Oh, sorry... Welcome to the forum. Beware the Squirrel and (lately) me!

Comment

Not sure about the tax. With regards to 3l and 2.4 i think 3l would be a bonus but don't overlook the 2.4 Mines never let me down and pulls like a train.

There is loads of bargins at the minute with the present situation, don't rush into things it's a buyers market
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Cheers guys, thanks for the welcome and replys.
              It's that bad is it the tax amount. I think my mate pays £210 for the year on a 2.8 pajero, just wondered if it was any more being a 3.0 litre.

Comment

I know im going to get some abuse from the second gen clan, but your better off with a 3rd gen 3.0L.

Its a little more refined & roomier & as albannach says, fuel consumption is about the same & you get a tiny bit more power.

Try & avoid the 2.4's cos alot of then had head problems.

Tax should be same as paj, oh & welcome aboard.
                Last edited by si tate; 10 February 2009, 23:21.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

i pay the £210 tax for my 3.0l 2nd gen
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'am sure there is a DVLA site somehwere that could help you?
                    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mark1 View Post
                      Cheers guys, thanks for the welcome and replys.
                      It's that bad is it the tax amount. I think my mate pays £210 for the year on a 2.8 pajero, just wondered if it was any more being a 3.0 litre.
                      Should only be £185 (or whatever it is now) but some folk on here pay more. 3.0 isn't any more to tax than a 2.4.

Comment

hello & welcome to the forum.

My experience is that the 3.0 Diesel so far is more economical and a hell of a lot quicker/more powerful than the 2.4, mind you, i've only had a 3.0 for a week, but had two 2.4s before it.

Tax seems to be whatever the DVLA wanna charge you, theoretically though it should fall into the pre 2001 tax bracket of £185 or whatever it currently is. Some people who have had reminders quoting £300 or whatever have got them changed and back to what they should be. The new rates have been in for over a year now, so any issues should have been resolved, but to be safe look at the current tax disc of any you are going to look at and it should be £185 if it was for a year ar £97.85 or something if it was a six month ticket. The price paid is written on the disc.

Any questions ask away, even if they seem stupid - after all we got plenty of stupid answers

And quite a bit of useful advice too.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          I know im going to get some abuse from the second gen clan, but your better off with a 3rd gen 3.0L.

Its a little more refined & roomier & as albannach says, fuel consumption is about the same & you get a tiny bit more power.

Try & avoid the 2.4's cos alot of then had head problems.

Yep your gonna get some sh!t. Ive had 4 x 2.4's and no mechanical probs at all
                          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                            Not sure about the tax. With regards to 3l and 2.4 i think 3l would be a bonus but don't overlook the 2.4 Mines never let me down and pulls like a train.

There is loads of bargins at the minute with the present situation, don't rush into things it's a buyers market
                            Ive only been to look at one local to me. It was a 2.4 K reg in green £900 but there was a few things that put me off. First off the starter was staying in after start up, no big thing i thought but then i noticed a knocking sort of noise coming from the engine as you revved it up so this put me right off. Also the rear bumper was rusty so the guy hand painted it gold lol
                            No need to tell you what that looked like

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Got my tax renewal form arrived this morning and all they want for my 3.0L is £185

Comment

Working...
                              X