lexus v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    Melons kicked you out the bedroom now cause of your arse...

No normaly cos i'm snoring
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

What gearbox would the v8 need ???

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        What gearbox would the v8 need ???
        i dont know vince does though
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
          i dont know vince does though

V8 derv box ........your v6 auto box should be ok for the lexus as vince used his autobox

Comment

V8 derv box ........your v6 auto box should be ok for the lexus as vince used his autobox
            Vince used the Lexus gearbox IIRC. The transfer case bolts onto the back no problemo... or small problemo but still nothing too stressful..

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              Vince used the Lexus gearbox IIRC. The transfer case bolts onto the back no problemo... or small problemo but still nothing too stressful..

thats right ....cos he had to shorten the shaft ......i'll get my coat

Comment

Indeed.
                Pic showing Surf's transfer case to transmission adapter fitted to the rear of the Lexus transmission. The transfer case then bolts to that. You can just see the end of the output shaft where I chopped 2" off of it, the transfer case coupling just slides onto the splines.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Indeed.
                  Pic showing Surf's transfer case to transmission adapter fitted to the rear of the Lexus transmission. The transfer case then bolts to that. You can just see the end of the output shaft where I chopped 2" off of it, the transfer case coupling just slides onto the splines.
                  Vince is your sump made out of a peice of old kitchen worktop?
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

You are correct sir. It was the the exact thickness I needed to space the sump away from the relay rod and the header flanges away from the torsion bars, before I fabbed up the engine mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      You are correct sir. It was the the exact thickness I needed to space the sump away from the relay rod and the header flanges away from the torsion bars, before I fabbed up the engine mounts.
                      Oh I see I did'nt have that problem with a 6" lift.
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Notwithstanding what's already been said, you leave that V6 alone.

The gearbox wouldn't last five minutes on the end of a V8 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          Notwithstanding what's already been said, you leave that V6 alone.

The gearbox wouldn't last five minutes on the end of a V8 anyway.
                          we got plans for that there v6 dont we yeti.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            we got plans for that there v6 dont we yeti.
                            with the v8 derv

yeti concepts strike again

Comment

with the v8 derv

yeti concepts strike again

Comment

www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X