No announcement yet.

what 4x4 would you have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my 2.4 2nd gen, but knowing what I know now, I would have waited and got the 3ltr surf for that extra bit of grunt. But If I had more money, it would deff be a low mileage, well looked after 2001 LC Amazon. The big 4ltr engine would be great for towing my big caravan, and I think the 2001 was the cut off date for the extortionate tax rate this anti 4x4 friggin government put on.
    Born a free spirit

Comment

Originally posted by kampaman View Post
      and I think the 2001 was the cut off date for the extortionate tax rate this anti 4x4 friggin government put on.
      You missed out useless and bunch of to$$ers. I'll slap your legs if you miss them out again
      I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

I'm looking to buy something right now-surf has been declared a write off following an accident. went to look at the following at the weekend
        07 shogun sport 29k miles- love the look of them but advice on here says they aint up to much?
        04 rav4 2.o ltd d4d xt3, 42k miles- looked lovely
        56 honda crv2.2i 29k miles-

latter two were same price and shogun was £2.5 k dearer.

(cant say much for a car dealer selling the honda and it wouldnt even start!)

however i have now seen a surf that has coaught my eye so thing that even though the surf is 10 years old i will try stick with that

and if i won the lotto etc it would be a lwb 110 defender

Comment

it would be an LC 80 for me too...

oh wait I have one....
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by fergus View Post
            I'm looking to buy something right now-surf has been declared a write off following an accident. went to look at the following at the weekend
            07 shogun sport 29k miles- love the look of them but advice on here says they aint up to much?
            04 rav4 2.o ltd d4d xt3, 42k miles- looked lovely
            56 honda crv2.2i 29k miles-

latter two were same price and shogun was £2.5 k dearer.

(cant say much for a car dealer selling the honda and it wouldnt even start!)

however i have now seen a surf that has coaught my eye so thing that even though the surf is 10 years old i will try stick with that

and if i won the lotto etc it would be a lwb 110 defender
            IMO....sod the Shogun. too common. every tom dick and harry has one.
            if thats the all singing and all dancing spec Rav4 then go for that one. i like them. good little car. must be the top spec one though.
            as for the CRV dont bother mate! you get nothing in them! they are plain and dull. i used my mates one for a while and hated it. fairly comfy and space isnt bad but it was like driving a sardine can.

Comment

Troopie, no question.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i would have owt
                my surf is dead atm
                i will never let go
                i will only do more to it cant think how life would be with out mi surf
                sad aint it
                so i drive a die hat sue sportrak atm (its poo) not bad off road tho
                just too bouncey for me
                Last edited by JUDWAK; 24 August 2009, 10:16.
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

TOYOTA HILUX VIGO 3.G 2009 Toyota Hilux 5

its not got a bad price tag to boot but its got 1km on the clock so i would try and get a few quid off
                  Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

God almighty gouge my eyes out!

That thing looks like a blind man went mad with a pot of glue and the contents of the Halfrauds stick on plastic bits warehouse.

feckin awful!!!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Ye a bit too much going on for my liking, i dreed to think what the sides & the back are like

Edit; just had a look & not as bad as i thought.
                      Last edited by si tate; 24 August 2009, 17:16.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

How about one of these........ don't even know what it is but it sayS TOYOTA on it........
                        Remember arrows are silent.....................
                        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Would stick with my 2 door surf as long as i can keep it going, absoloutly love it, only other 4x4 i would look at is a hemi powered grand cherokee, like the older type hilux pickups, the new ones are to plastic, ford rangers look ok, but would not sell the surf for love or money, unless the wife was by my nads with a big knife, then i could be tempted.
                          www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

mine would be this machine, the one im trying to make is very similar with 4 link front and back but the front end will still be surf. the back end will be bare though like this one into a point.

http://www.whiteknight.ca/

this does have tens of thousands spent on it though so i could be a while
                            Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                              Would stick with my 2 door surf as long as i can keep it going, absoloutly love it, only other 4x4 i would look at is a hemi powered grand cherokee, like the older type hilux pickups, the new ones are to plastic, ford rangers look ok, but would not sell the surf for love or money, unless the wife was by my nads with a big knife, then i could be tempted.
                              get out now!

p.s they copied the surf big-time with the ranger and got it all wrong! damn Ford. they made ONE good car and TWO good engines.....thats it!
                              Car being the GTO and the engines being the cozzy and whatever is in the GTO .

oh and the Ford Lighning is "ok" but thats it! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X