New Octavia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDR View Post
    I know that they are basically the same as the Audi & VW, but I could never own a Skoda..... it signifies someone who is on a budget and doesn’t care what sort of car they drive so long as it gets them from A to B. I’d much rather buy a second hand quality Audi or VW than that cheap ‘n’ cheerful badge.
    I have just sold my Octavia vRS after 3 years of the best driving experiences I have ever had.
    People would always comment on how good they thought it was, you dont get that with a mk4 gti do you? Not only that, but it would see off many more expensive 'premium' brand cars...
    We now own a Ford Focus diesel, but if I could afford to I would be straight back in a new Octavia vRS.
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

My Buddy sells them from new!

Had a bash with the new Superb just after it came out!! I loved it!

Went out in a Octavia with 3 miles on the clock the other day.

The new Fabia is pretty smart but the sport model with the 1.2 engine is a um... joke!!

But still... The badge ruins it a bit... but the superb was great!

Bibs you loser!

Comment

You can get VW badges off Ebay.

Comment

I know that they are basically the same as the Audi & VW, but I could never own a Skoda..... it signifies someone who is on a budget and doesn’t care what sort of car they drive so long as it gets them from A to B. I’d much rather buy a second hand quality Audi or VW than that cheap ‘n’ cheerful badge.
          Hahaha wot a load of nonsense, Skodas are brilliant

The Skoda Fabia VRS Diesel - ( 1st ever true diesel hot hatch ) Tons more grunt in these than ANY of its petrol competitors with half the running costs both in insurance premiums and fuel consumption ???

The Octavia VRS - Big fat bruiser of a car, good for 150mph 7 and a half 0/60 times, massive sports pack with lowered suspension 18" alloys, leather interior, the list goes on

The Skoda Superb - Every bit as good as the passat with a fraction of the purchase cost and more room

The skoda roomster - very clever little MPV with all round good charm

as for the "I’d much rather buy a second hand quality Audi or VW than that cheap ‘n’ cheerful badge" comment, haha u obviously dont buy or read many consumer type survery things, or had the joy of driving a good Skoda, skoda has constantly pipped the likes of Audi and VW in surverys regarding customer satisfaction in the last 5 or so years, not to mention scored brilliantly in the likes of the AA/RAC/Greenflag type breakdown things, were both the VW and Audi badges have scored low

and no i dont own a skoda haha

Comment

Want to borrow a torch???

as it must be very hard to see when your as far up you're on arse as you appear to be.
            Brian

Comment

We ran an Octavia TDi estate for 3 years...totaly Faultless!!! great car and great dealer after sales service. When the wife's RAV 4 is due for a change in 2010, will have a good look at the Octavia Scout4x4, or maybe the new Yeti.

Don't give a hoots about the badge, Skoda's are just as good as any other car out there.

Comment

I’ve actually got plenty of torches... they are one of my other interests

My family and I have owned a good number of VW & Audis in the past. I DO know that plenty of younger people rave over the sportier Skodas and my original comment was a little tongue –in-cheek.

I’m old enough to remember the sort of cars that Skoda made before they were taken over and I just can’t see past the badge. I’ve seen the Roomster and it looks hideous.

Anyway, I thought this was a Toyota forum?
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I’ve actually got plenty of torches... they are one of my other interests

My family and I have owned a good number of VW & Audis in the past. I DO know that plenty of younger people rave over the sportier Skodas and my original comment was a little tongue –in-cheek.

I’m old enough to remember the sort of cars that Skoda made before they were taken over and I just can’t see past the badge. I’ve seen the Roomster and it looks hideous.

Anyway, I thought this was a Toyota forum?
                  i can kind of see where yr comin from,but most makes are much for much now(excluding french)although the octavia/a4/passat shell does have some amazing faults,my personal fave is the vent by the wipers that fills with water,if u park facing up a slope the water then runs into the passenger footwell,where under the carpet is an ecu

Comment

i would have thought the biggest problem would be all the jam filling bewteen the sponge panels......how would you polish that ??
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      i would have thought the biggest problem would be all the jam filling bewteen the sponge panels......how would you polish that ??

Comment

all right,all right.....i knew it would be the leaky marzipan sunroof
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

With the Skoda, you can have your cake and eat it !!!!

Comment

i was looking at an Octavia vRS when i bought the focus... decided for the Focus 1.6 because the "then" Mrs Slug wanted to learn to drive... she never bothered and i'm stuck with i little 1.6 that doesn't even get good MPG!!!

wish i'd gone for the skoda now!
                            (although the cheaper ones looked pretty abused mostly high mileage!)

(New Mrs Slug has a Ka... which i'm too big for!!)
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

oh, and the Roomster does look like a "cut n' shut"!!

never looked inside one, they might well be the best car ever built!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Just to let folks on here know, someone has been over to our Scottishmudclub forum from on here, throwing insults around. the reason i know this is that someone told me to tell yoshie in a private chat that he is not stuck up his own AR*E, not that im pointing any fingers. im not going to repeat what was said as there is no need to. Just to put the record straight with that person, if u have any greivances with people that tell u u are stuck up your own ars* take it out on them and not other people that have had no part in it. cheers, sorry to rant guys but this person was out o order

Comment

Working...
                                X